• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I don't get it! I never do these things. Wonder why...

Oh, well. I guess I probably will in a few more years. In the meantime, I wonder if any of my fellow karatekas (BTW, how does one pronounce that??) at my dojo or even my sensei have experienced this kind of stuff...

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

i have bowed at work, like when i leave the office i will turn around and bow, and school back in high school and college, alot of times if i have been talking about martial arts with some one i will automatically convert that over in my mind and when i leave it will be bowing and such and i always feel like a fool, but only for a brief second or two just long enough to laugh at myself.

I know what you mean about converting to MA mode after talking about it. When i was in Boot Camp at Parris Island (circa '86). Me and another recruit were on firewatch while the rest of the platoon was out drilling. Well we were both into the MA's so we naturally started talking (since the DI's weren't around... hehehe)

Anyhow when our relief showed up, we both took off running to meet up with the rest of the platoon on the parade deck. When we caught up with the platoon we were supposed to come to attention and report to the DI in charge before falling in to formation. Anyhow, long story short , instead of comming to attention I caught myself bowing to the DI! (And so did he...)

He went off on me say, "what was that PRIVATE?! Did you just bow to me?" Fortunately for me though the parade deck was made of loose gravel so my answer was "No Sir, This recruit lost his balance, SIR!" (I was running after all...)

Ben Kendrick

"The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle..."

after days a training, any time the surface I walk on changes my abs start to pull my body foward to bow.

Happened whil corssing street once, very dangerous.

If i had to choose between karate and everything else, I would choose karate so i could beat up whoever made me make the decision and have everything else

Yay! I finally (almost) had an embarrassing moment involving karate outside of the dojo!

It happened on Wednesday in my writer's craft class. My teacher was explaining something to us and as he was finishing his sentence, he looked at me and said, "Right?"

I nodded and was *this* close to saying, "Osu!" I said it in my head and caught myself just in time to shut my mouth.

It's official--I'm karate-krazy! :D

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

• 4 weeks later...

I was doing a lab experiment in a chem class and my teacher told me I was holding something wrong and I almost said "OSU" but I stopped just in time! So instead there was this long pause and he thought I didn't hear him... ah well! But it never happens with any of my other teachers, he's the only one I have a lot of respect for so it made sense.

"I think therefore I am" Rene Descartes