• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

stupid places you have bowed at....

ZeRo

I HAI'd a few teachers in my time fortunately being from Newcastle (UK) I can get away with it...most of the time. Calling teachers mum however you can not get away with! especially when their only really a few years older...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!

When I was in a hurry to school, I ran in the corridor (I was late), suddenly opened the classroom door and steped in and bowed deeply.

The class was silent and everybody stared at me, the teacher who just wanted to explain something shutted up and looked at me like a hawk.

I was SOOO embarrassed and ashamed, I felt like a stupid absent-minded karateka or something.

lol :lol:

Kill is love

Going in and out of the bathroom LOL. Yes I have done it.

Yeah like me! :lol:

I even say: OSU! (pronunce: oss!) sometimes. I said it in a Church and then a person next to me stared at me until I was gone (and I was gone petty quickly, cuz that was pretty embarassing)

:D

Kill is love

LOL!

When I was in a hurry to school, I ran in the corridor (I was late), suddenly opened the classroom door and steped in and bowed deeply.

The class was silent and everybody stared at me, the teacher who just wanted to explain something shutted up and looked at me like a hawk.

I was SOOO embarrassed and ashamed, I felt like a stupid absent-minded karateka or something.

At least you didn't sit in the hallway in mucso waiting for permission to enter - our procedure if you're late :D

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

LOL!

At least you didn't sit in the hallway in mucso waiting for permission to enter - our procedure if you're late :D

In Estonia, we don't have that procedure, but in Sweden we have. I had to wait sometimes and wait for permission to enter. lol, and every time I was bored of sitting, I looked around in the coridor and when no one was there, I practised some katas (without the kiai), but sometimes, some few persons saw me, I was like: lalallalalaaaaa :D

Kill is love

I keep saying "Osu!" to my boss (hey that rhymes :lol:) after he's asked me to do something. It's very embarassing. But then everyone here at work is used to my karate nature now!

My Sempai had an even worse one tho! He was stopped by the police for speeding on his motorbike. When they started to question him, he responded with Osu because he was so nervous! :lol:

motoko

2nd Kyu Brown Belt, Wado Ryu Karate-do

"Daniel-san best karate still inside!" Mr Myagi

Hee. I find myself bowing when I say "Thank you" for some reason or other. And my son and I went to a museum; we were at opposite ends of the gallery and he wanted to show me something and he said "Hey, Mom!" and I replied, "Hai?" :blush:

i have bowed at work, like when i leave the office i will turn around and bow, and school back in high school and college, alot of times if i have been talking about martial arts with some one i will automatically convert that over in my mind and when i leave it will be bowing and such and i always feel like a fool, but only for a brief second or two just long enough to laugh at myself.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

What does Osu mean? Is it the same as Hai?

I remember once I was drifting off in a computing lesson (binary can get VERY boring) and my teacher shouted my name and I instantly responed with a HAI? in my very loudest voice, fortunately im about the most confident person in the class so it didn't bother me too much but my friend nearly wet himself with laughter, he didn't even have the courtesy to wake me up before the teacher noticed Grrr.