• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

stupid places you have bowed at....

ZeRo

writing a post in another thread gave me an idea.

what is the stupidest place/situation you have bowed at/in? goin into R.E was when my brain decided to make me bow full out to the teacher. almost got a detention for that :lol:.

where have you bowed?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mum and dad got rather drunk a few years ago in the USA. We walked home, not without the "Sensei-ni-rei!" in the middle of the road. Thank god there were no cars

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

It is not exactly the bowing in odd places that gets attention it is the saying of ossu in the process I have found that is the attention getter.

Example it is totally appropriate at church to bow before the Blessed Sacrament. It is not, however, appropriate to say ossu while doing so.

• 1 month later...
like in P.E. class, when the teacher says touch you toes or whatever i have an urge to say, "Ma'm" b/c i am used to saying that to my instrucor. but the P.E. teacher is a guy. lol

Tae Kwon Do

15-years old

purple--belt

like in P.E. class, when the teacher says touch you toes or whatever i have an urge to say, "Ma'm" b/c i am used to saying that to my instrucor. but the P.E. teacher is a guy. lol

Funny that you mentioned that. We had prestripe the other night with the tiny tigers (taekwondo kids, 4-7 years of age or so)..

Teacher: That's not a back kick, use your other foot, right?

Kid: Yes.

Teacher: Yes?

Kid: Yes!

Teacher: Yes?

Kid: YES!!!

Teacher: Yes, what..?

Kid: Yes.... ma'aam!

It was pretty cute... Even the teacher, keeping on the stern face for the serious testing atmosphere cracked a bit of a smile. :)

The Comparative Martial Arts Page: http://www.vaporspace.net/~diablos/martialarts/

I do my private training in a community room in the building I live in. After I set up the end of the room I use to my satisfaction, (usually just moving a few tables and sweeping), I leave the room and re-enter as if I were going into the dojo. Mental preparation you know.

So when I go into the community room for resident council activites I have this bad habit of stopping at the door and bowing now.

I keep bowing to people when I thank them for something. I think I almost bowed to my grandmother once. :lol:

Other than that, I haven't had too many bowing incidents, certainly not at locations. I'm more prone to FORGETTING to bow.. :(

I guess 3 years isn't quite long enough to instill those habits into my brain just yet.

My dojo used to have a 2nd dan who worked in the local grocery store. His boss told him to go home early one night (forget the reason), so the 2nd dan thanked his boss....while bowing. He caught himself, but it was too late. Needless to say, his boss was pretty freaked out...especially since he didn't know the kid was a martial artist, let alone a black belt!

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

hahhaa

well i was practicing my katas on the lawn out the front of my house

and my mum came out and said PHONE! and I responded with a really loud HAI!!

it seems whenever I do martial arts actions I think in martial arts terms