• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think Jerry's wit shows us that he does have some life in him :D

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner

West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy

2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DBB

S'ok, I wasn't getting at you - just making a comment.

You seem like a sound guy, and being from England is always a benefit ;)

"You Are Never Given A Dream Without Also Being Given The Power To Make It True. You May Have To Work For It, However"

Sound = OK, Good, Acceptable, Fine.

Basically, it means that I think you are an 'good' guy, who hasn't caused me any harm.

Never heard of that b4 :)

its anything but! i love TKD, its got pretty much everything part from floorm grappling stuff.

we do many hand techniques and we always use them in sparring. its only the stupid ones that dont use there hands :lol: we also do patterns and bag work. hope i can help you out!

We are getting off the subject :)

TKD comes in three major flavors... ATF, WTF, and ITF. Basically American, South Korean, and North Korean. Despite the origins, IME most schools in America are WTF.

What ever founder Gen.Choi (ITF) or pioneers like Joon Rhee (WTF) intended, modern TKD is very focused on the more acrobatic elements of the art. As pert of the push to get it into the Olymiics, TKD in general is very trounament oriented, and the tournaments are very flashy.

You actually see [grimace] things like the "statue of libery" kick (a kick when one leg is held straight up and you hop around until youhave a target) coming into favor in many areas.

so "no", TKD is not "just" that, but that is a ver prevelent, and very observable piece of the sport of TKD.

I do TKD, and I can do the high flying kicks. But I didn't learn them in TKD. I learned them in TSD.

My TKD school isn't very "self defense" minded. But I do have to say, they do drill the basics. My TSD dojang was very self defense minded, but they still taught all those cool kicks :) I got the best of both worlds there :D

Laurie F

Tae Kwon Do has, IMHO, hands down, the most powerful kicks around. If you can control the urge to go flashy, and keep it real, block all you want but my side kick is going to slam your arms just as hard as your ribs. Or a toes back roundhouse for penetrating power.

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!