• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

your first board break

My first break was a hammerfist break. I was 8th kyu at the time. I will never forget the awesome feeling. I still have the board actually.

The break I had trouble with was a knee break.

There are some times when ice comes in really handy.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My second break was a side kick. Took me two or three shots for that one, but it's easy now (two boards, front leg). I still have both my first and second boards that I broke. After that, I turned into a breaking machine :) I love it.

Laurie F

I have the first board I broke (during a grading) signed by the examining master, fore fist straight punch as a yellow/gold belt if I remember.

Technique is every thing.

Several months latter I saw a black belt (who was lighter than me) break a board with a straight finger tip thrust ( 6th move in Do-San) during his grading. I thought if he could do it so could I, wrong!! All I managed to do was break the tip of my middle finger and send the finger nails on fore, middle and ring finger shooting the quick(sp) :o , stupid, stupid, stupid. Needless to say, I haven’t tried that trick since.

The hardest kick for breaking I find is a side kick from the front leg, it takes me two or three goes to get that one right. (need to get a new hip or something) :D

John G Jarrett

III Dan, ITF Taekwon-Do

Zero, surely you could have used your sharp metal claws (internal joke)

Kensai, you never used your magnetic powers to break a board (anothe internal joke)

I, personally, would use my sharp playing cards (my goodness these internal jokes are abundant today)

That would be rather difficult, unless there are metal fibers in the wood. Perhapse he could lift the one with metal claws and throw him through the board. :lol:

Sharp playing cards??? I thought you had explosive playing cards. :roll:

Give away your identities? :dodgy: I used to collect those books, you won't get one past me, unless they're relatively new. :wink:

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

OMG! It's wolvie, magneto, and the cajun! :wink: :wink:

My first break was a front snap kick. My second was a roundhouse.

Those boards didn't stand a chance.

Congrats ZeRo!

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!