• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How hard is it to break three boards at once?

Are you using spacers between the boards? or 3 together? Ive punched and kicked through 2 without spacers quite easily. We rarely break(makes too much of a mess). I would think an elbow strike would be quite effective on the triple break. I never bothered trying for three since breaking is not required in our organization.

I personally prefer the Black and Decker circular saw.....

much smoother cut :P :P :P

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, stick with what you are confident with and where your technique excels ....

Ken, I have my breaking class tonight and I am going to try for 5-6 with a hammerfist or downward elbow (no spacers) .... I too will see if I can get a pic to post. :D

"Breaking practice allows you to hone your weapons to maximum effectiveness. As a practitioner of combative martial arts, one must forever strive to reach the goal of, "one strike, certain death."

OOOOOO...I love it when they talk tuff. :kaioken: 8) Some people don't understand the concept of "One hit, one kill". That's why they are always yelling at me, "Combinations! Throw combinations!" :lol: :lol: I'm not in it for the sport. (Read as, "I suck at sport TKD :cry: , therefore I am not in it for the sport :wink: .")

Ken Chenault

TFT - It does a body good!

Hey Laur :lol: ...keeping you in suspense am I???

I had 8 boards left at home so I came to class planning on doing the 6 board hammerfist and a 2 board hook kick...

Well, when my instructor saw my "pile" of boards he asked me what I was planning on breaking with ... when I told him 6 board hammer fist .... he :D and said "You watch too much ESPN ma'am!" Everyone went "hoot" "hoot" and the cement blocks were set up. He suggested that use spacers ... but I never had before.

I managed to break 4 out of the 6 ... the last 2 didn't break. :(

Ok, (not an excuse but...) I can say that my wood wasn't that great. I like to personally find pine that is more wide-grained with less "knots". But I had these boards left over from previous test over the years.

My instructor also observed that I "bounced" up before I came down on the boards. (I usually place a target bag below board setup so that I can forcefully come down onto ground with my knee bearing down with the hammerfist)

Quality of Wood + Good Technique + Positive Mental Attitude = Successful Break!!!!

Kickchick, good job :) About wood. I by my own. I mean, I go to Home Depot and by wood in "bulk" and cut it myself (I got the measurements from my instructor). When I cut the wood into boards, I cut off the "knots." Out of a 6 foot blank of wood, I get, at least, 5 or 6 no-knotted boards for breaking :D Then when they are all broken up, I use them for kindling (sp?) for the woodburner. I love breaking week :D. Free fire wood :D

Laurie F