• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Keyboards

Hello fellow keyboard warriors (I use this term ironically, fear not). How many of you, like myself, are keyboard enthusiasts? I love keyboards and I have amassed something of a collection for myself. I have ones that are as loud as a typewriter, and some that are soft and quiet. I just got a new keyboard today that is described as having a "creamy" sound. It sounds very nice and one of the reasons that I am typing up this message is because I wanted to listen to those sweet, almost raindrop like clicks as I type. :lol: The keyboard is an Aula F75, for those wondering.

Is anyone else like me? Do we have other keyboard enthusiasts? Do you like mechanical keyboards or are you fine with whatever you have in front of you? I find that a lot of people do not give this a lot of thought, but being that a large part of my life is spent in front of computer screens, it is something that I obsess over quite frequently.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Hello fellow keyboard warriors (I use this term ironically, fear not). How many of you, like myself, are keyboard enthusiasts? I love keyboards and I have amassed something of a collection for myself. I have ones that are as loud as a typewriter, and some that are soft and quiet. I just got a new keyboard today that is described as having a "creamy" sound. It sounds very nice and one of the reasons that I am typing up this message is because I wanted to listen to those sweet, almost raindrop like clicks as I type. :lol: The keyboard is an Aula F75, for those wondering.

Is anyone else like me? Do we have other keyboard enthusiasts? Do you like mechanical keyboards or are you fine with whatever you have in front of you? I find that a lot of people do not give this a lot of thought, but being that a large part of my life is spent in front of computer screens, it is something that I obsess over quite frequently.

I'd say it isn't something i notice overmuch other than in the negative - "that keyboard is awful, the keys are too spongey etc.".

Currently i use the Apple Magic Keyboard with num pad (i use a macbook pro for my personal machine) and am extremely happy with it tbh. Never find myself going "but i wish it would.. " etc. Also use the magic mouse, which is also great!

I've definitely had my share of awful keyboards! As far as low profile keyboards go, the Apple Magic Keyboard isn't my favorite, but it is a solid choice. I'm not too familiar with the mouse, however. I tend to gravitate towards heavier pieces when it comes to my mouse.

I've definitely had my share of awful keyboards! As far as low profile keyboards go, the Apple Magic Keyboard isn't my favorite, but it is a solid choice. I'm not too familiar with the mouse, however. I tend to gravitate towards heavier pieces when it comes to my mouse.

the mouse feels a lot weightier than it is actually - i used to use a much heavier wireless one before i shifted (got it paid for by work so i viewed it as risk free since i could just move back to the one i bought myself if needed) and was very pleasantly surprised!

I'm not a massive fan of Mechanical Keyboards. As the Clickiness of it gets to my ear after a while and becomes intolerable.

But like the ones that come across as silky smooth when using. but do find that either way both are expensive.

Even the keyboards on my Mac and Acer, can be quite annoying after a while.

Some mechanical keyboards can be grating. I have one that is a little to clicky for my tastes that I rarely use. Good fodder for someone trying to annoy your friends though.

To me the keyboard is like an umpire in baseball. I never give it much thought unless something goes wrong.

Back in the day I would have keys that would stick, or fall out, things like that, but for the last 15 years probably I don't recall ever having an issue other than maybe the ink wearing off some of the keys.