• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cobra Kai, Season 6 (Spoilers)

I've added spoilers to the title of this thread just to be safe.

Fighting next to a saw blade when you have a kid on the way at age whatever Johnny is is definitely an interesting move... really?! Haha, but that's the show. I can't resist it. I was kind of annoyed about how they picked the squad to send to the tournament. Just alternate picks or something. Finding a flag in the woods doesn't have anything to do with the brutal fighting they engage in. :lol:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm 4 episodes in, and it's been enjoyable so far. It seems to me like they try too hard to manufacture conflict in spots, but otherwise, I'm ok with it.

Kind of how I see it as well. As much as I have enjoyed the series it feels like it is time to conclude. They have done a great job with the show, all it needs now is a strong ending. :karate:

I agree. As much as I've enjoyed watching the series, I don't think I could make myself go back and watch it all over again. I think I'd be rolling my eyes too much.

It's strange to me that Cobra Kai is still allowed in the Sekai Taikai. This is supposed to be a very prestigious and select group of dojo's and Cobra Kai got in but since then their head sensei, Terry Silver, is gone, and their two competing students, Lee and Payne, both left the team. Yet they are competing with Tory who ran off instead of fighting for the tournament, and they are out of Korea instead of the USA. Maybe this will get explained in future episodes, seems like they are running out of ways to make it work so they just throw it together and hope you buy in. I am buying in, but it doesn't tie together the way it should.

Though I am very interested to learn about Miyagi's story with the tournament. I expect it will explain a lot about his strong feelings toward tournament competition.

It's strange to me that Cobra Kai is still allowed in the Sekai Taikai. This is supposed to be a very prestigious and select group of dojo's and Cobra Kai got in but since then their head sensei, Terry Silver, is gone, and their two competing students, Lee and Payne, both left the team. Yet they are competing with Tory who ran off instead of fighting for the tournament, and they are out of Korea instead of the USA. Maybe this will get explained in future episodes, seems like they are running out of ways to make it work so they just throw it together and hope you buy in. I am buying in, but it doesn't tie together the way it should.

Though I am very interested to learn about Miyagi's story with the tournament. I expect it will explain a lot about his strong feelings toward tournament competition.

Isn't Hollywood wonderful on how they create the possible out of the impossible and/or impracticable?!?

Seeing that Miyagi himself once competed in the Sekai Taikai, which might explain his dislike for competitions. Miyagi helped Daniel with the All-Valley Tournament and because of his dislike for competitions, Daniel sought out for outside training in KK3 with Silver. However, Miyagi trained Daniel for the All-Valley in KK3.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Isn't Hollywood wonderful on how they create the possible out of the impossible and/or impracticable?!?

There is a slim chance that some of the stuff Hollywood puts out could be a little bit fabricated.

Edited by KarateKen

Even though it's a story, I still like discussing it like it is a serious thing. :) I make it a habit to buy-in.

I think this is a great point. Why are they still even allowed? The ... conveyance of the honor probably shouldn't be happening.

I'm under the impression that that particular dojang already had a seat at the table, and Kreese just basically jumped on a horse that was already in the race.