• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What book are you reading?

Thanks all.

On its surface, that just sounds all kinds of wrong. But I'll definitely need to check it out!
Sounds like an interesting crossover.

It was a little hard to picture at first, but I thought the interactions were fun. They included all of the cover art and variants at the end of the book, and I really liked these two covers:

https://www.midtowncomics.com/product/2218156

https://www.midtowncomics.com/product/2226956

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I think this counts? I was able to read the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles x Stranger Things collected series during my holiday travel. It was fun. A lot of great artwork.

This certainly counts! Comics and Manga are reading! It's how a lot of people get into reading (it's how my daughter did).

It's exactly how i am encouraging my sons reading too! He gets to read Manga (nothing bad, he is trying One Piece and Naruto) and has the incentive that if he gets good enough then he can watch the anime shows since they are only subtitled (no dub versions available of them on UK crunchyroll)

I think this counts? I was able to read the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles x Stranger Things collected series during my holiday travel. It was fun. A lot of great artwork.

This certainly counts! Comics and Manga are reading! It's how a lot of people get into reading (it's how my daughter did).

It's exactly how i am encouraging my sons reading too! He gets to read Manga (nothing bad, he is trying One Piece and Naruto) and has the incentive that if he gets good enough then he can watch the anime shows since they are only subtitled (no dub versions available of them on UK crunchyroll)

That's awesome! My kid got started with My Hero Academia and some others. She still prefers Manga and Comics as her main mode of reading, but she reads a lot of traditional books as well now as they catch her fancy.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

That's awesome! My kid got started with My Hero Academia and some others. She still prefers Manga and Comics as her main mode of reading, but she reads a lot of traditional books as well now as they catch her fancy.

Tried him with My Hero Academia as i like it (i prefer the Anime though) but he wasn't really into it. Myself i'm currently watching through the Seven Deadly Sins Anime and enjoying it a lot

I absolutely loved the first 2 seasons of Seven Deadly Sins. Then the animation studio changed and the animation took a steep, steep dive and I stopped watching it.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

I absolutely loved the first 2 seasons of Seven Deadly Sins. Then the animation studio changed and the animation took a steep, steep dive and I stopped watching it.

interesting! I am near the end of Season 1 currently so will see if i notice the same; if it is too jarring i will shift to the books!

Elantris by Brandon Sanderson.

also

The Language of the Night by Ursula K. Le Guin

I enjoyed Elantris, but you can tell it's one of his earlier (published) works. His writing has definitely evolved and improved over the years. I've only read the four Earthsea books by Le Guin; how is The Language of the Night?

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice