• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Casual Fridays: No Martial Arts Discussion on Fridays [:)]

Edit: This was our 2024 April Fools' Day joke.

Hey all,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

Martial arts are great and all, but we do our best bonding when we aren't talking about them. As such, I'm happy to introduce a new policy here at KarateForums.com: Casual Fridays.

Every Friday, martial arts discussion will be banned from our forums. All of the forums related to the martial arts will be closed, and only the General Chat, Introduce Yourself, and KarateForums.com Announcements forums will be left open. This will be for the Eastern time zone (or UTC/GMT -5). The martial arts-related forums will close promptly at midnight, and reopen on the following midnight.

This includes an update to our User Guidelines, which reads as such:

17. Casual Fridays are strictly enforced. Each Friday, from 12am to 11:59pm Eastern Time (GMT/UTC -4 or -5, depending on daylight savings time), there is no martial arts discussion allowed, and our martial arts-related forums will be closed. Only off-topic discussion may occur within the remaining open forums.

Thank you for your attention!

Patrick

Edited by Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Okay but I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt while browsing on Fridays, instead of my normal suit and tie.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Heck, on casual Fridays I might not even wear pants! (I work from home, so I can get away with this).

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

YIKES!! Well, in that case, I'll go with sweatpants, a hoodie, sunglasses, and flip-flops. Then I'll start a discussion on Fridays all about cooking on the KF General Chat Forum and talk about nothing but cooking...on Friday's.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!