• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mike Tyson vs Jake Paul

Who wins?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Mike Tyson
    • Jake Paul

I have no idea why I care about this fight or why I am rooting for Tyson, but I am and I am. Is there a rivalry between Paul and Tyson? What is the point of this fight? The entire thing just feels like a big money grab. Why else is a near 60-year-old man getting into a boxing ring with a 27-year-old?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea why I care about this fight or why I am rooting for Tyson, but I am and I am. Is there a rivalry between Paul and Tyson? What is the point of this fight? The entire thing just feels like a big money grab. Why else is a near 60-year-old man getting into a boxing ring with a 27-year-old?

Solid post and questions, for sure, and I agree 100%.

Is there a rivalry between Paul and Tyson?

If there is a rivalry between those two, I've not read about it anywhere. They both have exchanged pre-fight stares and boasts, like...

"My sights are set on becoming a world champion, and now I have a chance to prove myself against the greatest heavyweight champion of the world, the baddest man on the planet and the most dangerous boxer of all time. Time to put Iron Mike to sleep."

Tyson simply replied..."We'll see!"

What is the point of this fight?

The fight could be either an exhibition or officially sanctioned by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR). The decision rests with the TDLR based on the proposed fight card. If it’s an exhibition, expect some rule changes:

*Rounds may be shorter (2-minute rounds instead of the standard 3 minutes).

*Gloves could be heavier (16 ounces instead of the usual 10 ounces)

Like you, I wonder, what's the point of this fight?!?

The entire thing just feels like a big money grab. Why else is a near 60-year-old man getting into a boxing ring with a 27-year-old?

I agree, it seems to be a big money grab. While the money has not been officially announced as of yet, Jake Paul has previously stated that he believes a fight with Tyson could generate somewhere in the neighborhood of $300 million.

In the past, Tyson even mentioned that he’d be willing to face Paul for a staggering $1 billion. However, more recently, it’s been suggested that Tyson would accept a much lower fee, somewhere between $50 million and $100 million.

Who would face Paul should Tyson fail pre-fight test as stipulated in the rules?

Anyway, sounds like a big money grab for them both, like you suggest, Ken. Nonetheless, for Paus, this fight can boost Paul's confidence or smash it, depending how the fight ends for Paul. For Tyson, money speaks, and he might be curious to see if he still "got's it", because he's really got nothing to lose whole on the other hand Paul has everything to lose and nothing to gain.

Let's get ready to rumble...::cough:: ::cough::

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 1 month later...

I didn't but like you i am rooting for Tyson. Don't like Jake Paul and don't like the exploitation of aging legends tbh. Hopefully Tyson has enough left to shut him up though they are using heavier gloves - wonder if Paul got worried that Tyson would go out to hurt him and tried to make it harder!

Tyson seems to be feeling 100% better after his medical emergency on a flight from Miami to Los Angeles. Apparently, Tyson while on that flight had become nauseous and dizzy due to an ulcer flare-up.

Fight's still going to happen.

I keep forgetting that it's going to be where I live. Traffic is going to be awful.

I agree!! Dallas traffic is a nightmare, especially during rush hours. That means every traffic artery leading in and out of that fight will be bumper to bumper for hours.

My mom, grandma, and aunts use to live for years in Dallas and whenever I'd visit them, I'd get stuck on the 610/35 corridor for what seemed like forever. Traffic in the Metroplex in Ft. Worth and Dallas is no joke at all.

Seems a little early for the press conference. Two months before the fight? Is this normal in boxing or are we being treated to another new wrinkle in the fight game?

What are the current betting odds that Tyson will get hungry and starting eating Paul's ear?

This fight has been postponed due to Tyson having a medical issue. The new date is TBD but is expected to be announced on or before June 7.

This fight has been postponed due to Tyson having a medical issue. The new date is TBD but is expected to be announced on or before June 7.

I just read that article. I'm starting to wonder if the fight will ever happen for whatever reason(s). Tyson's age and recent medical issues are not to be taken lightly at all by the powers that be. Even though Tyson said on his channel back on May 28, 2024, concerning his recent medical issue...

"Now feeling 100% even though I don’t need to be to beat Jake Paul."

:roll: