• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Over the weekend, I attended a seminar hosted by the INKKS (an organization that our own Noah Legel helped found). It was a great seminar and I learned a lot. After the seminar, however, the board tested me for my nidan and I passed! We had been discussing a test for some time but I was surprised by them testing me after the seminar as we had not discussed that. I had been a Shodan for 16 years and this was a long time coming. I plan to focus on kobudo for my nidan curriculum as well as becoming more educated in history and theory.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Congratulations :)

Sounds very well deserved (and long overdue!). Which style did they grade you in (As i know you have rank in several!!)

None in particular. I view this as a general nidan with a focus on the Matsumura-Seito parts of my training. All of the stuff that I was tested upon was from my Matsumura-Seito training.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Congrats!

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

Congratulations, again, on your well-deserved promotion! Sorry I wasn't able to be there, this time around!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!!!! Well done!

Karate no michi! :karate:

Godan in Ryukyu Kempo

Head of the Shubu Kan Dojo in Watertown, NY

(United Ryukyu Kempo Alliance)