• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

2024 Goals?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm hoping to lose at least 20lbs, get comfortable with a new version of Gojushiho to replace my existing version, attend at least two seminar events in person, and get the International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society fully operational, ideally with at least one seminar event scheduled for the year.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

For myself i have set quite a few though i also like to set a clear target to achieve for them. Have also got an 'optional one' that i would quite like to do but will have to see if i can fit it in!

Martial arts training wise :

- pass my ikkyu before summer and see if i can successfully sit shodan before xmas

- see if i can manage to get 1 stripe added to my bjj belt

- try to get to judo once a week (this is dependant on the kids going to bed so is somewhat out of my control)

strength / fitness

- manage a 100kg bench press again this year with a stretch target of 2 reps

- get back up to a 200kg deadlift for first time in years (will work off a calculated 1rm though will test it properly when i am confident i am close)

- add in more conditioning work using my new ski erg. Am trying at the moment to use it every day to get used to it. Will programme it in more later in year

optional

- i would quite like to learn japanese. I've always wanted to do so and i think my 7 year old wants to try too so i am thinking we could learn it together. This will depend on how much time is left in the day after work, family and training though so i will see!