BonnyBoy

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, now that I am back, Bonny boy I will address you more thoroughly.

Losing 6 pounds in 3 weeks is possibly to put it simply. Though it will obviously take some work to do.

My suggestions.

3 times a week on your cardio. no less than an hour. Something not so strenuous for you might be swimming. It's going to exercise your whole body more or less, but will keep you from injury.

If you feel as though you are beyond that, trying running. As said before, running first thing in the morning will be best for you. You will burn more at that time then any other time through the day.

Basically, anything arobeic that you feel you can handle.

As for your diet:

Mr Heel Hook, would going on a low carb diet to lose excess fat, then incorporate 1-2 carbs back into your diet on a weekly basis & monitoring your weight be dangerous for your health? I figure that the excess weight (we're talking 25-60lbs) is more a health risk than a temporary bad diet.

Like I said, my friend, there are no short cuts that aren't, in essence, dangerous. There is no such thing as a good "fad" diet. What you figure, is incorrect. Anything that you feel you are stuck in can be helped with just simple work and gumption.

500 fewer pounds a day= 1 pound a week in weight loss.

High fiber + increase of fluids. (Make sure to drink the extra water other wise it could lead to GI distress AKA: cramping bloating constipation)

Whole Wheat Bread

Brown Rice

Whole Wheat pasta

Potatoes

Stick to the water you are drinking. Pay attention to the calories in the beverages you do drink aside from the water.

Lean sources of protein.

Chicken Breast

Any White Fish

Pork Tender loin

Turkey Breast

Roast Beef (low sodium)

Reduced fat cheeses.

90% lean ground beef. YUM!

Carbo intake: "The GOOD ones"!

50-55% no less.

55% is the standard American recommended diet.

Veggies

Fruit

Beans

Whole Grains like previously said.

Barely and oats!!

Dietary plan:

Eat three smaller meals a day and snack three times a day.

Example:

Baked or Grilled Chicken (Can be marinated or breaded. But NOT fried)

Steamed broccoli

Baked potato or brown rice pilaf.

If you have any other specific questions...please, feel free to ask them.

Take care and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, now that I am back, Bonny boy I will address you more thoroughly.

Losing 6 pounds in 3 weeks is possibly to put it simply. Though it will obviously take some work to do.

My suggestions.

3 times a week on your cardio. no less than an hour. Something not so strenuous for you might be swimming. It's going to exercise your whole body more or less, but will keep you from injury.

If you feel as though you are beyond that, trying running. As said before, running first thing in the morning will be best for you. You will burn more at that time then any other time through the day.

Basically, anything arobeic that you feel you can handle.

As for your diet:

Mr Heel Hook, would going on a low carb diet to lose excess fat, then incorporate 1-2 carbs back into your diet on a weekly basis & monitoring your weight be dangerous for your health? I figure that the excess weight (we're talking 25-60lbs) is more a health risk than a temporary bad diet.

Like I said, my friend, there are no short cuts that aren't, in essence, dangerous. There is no such thing as a good "fad" diet. What you figure, is incorrect. Anything that you feel you are stuck in can be helped with just simple work and gumption.

500 fewer pounds a day= 1 pound a week in weight loss.

High fiber + increase of fluids. (Make sure to drink the extra water other wise it could lead to GI distress AKA: cramping bloating constipation)

Whole Wheat Bread

Brown Rice

Whole Wheat pasta

Potatoes

Stick to the water you are drinking. Pay attention to the calories in the beverages you do drink aside from the water.

Lean sources of protein.

Chicken Breast

Any White Fish

Pork Tender loin

Turkey Breast

Roast Beef (low sodium)

Reduced fat cheeses.

90% lean ground beef. YUM!

Carbo intake: "The GOOD ones"!

50-55% no less.

55% is the standard American recommended diet.

Veggies

Fruit

Beans

Whole Grains like previously said.

Barely and oats!!

Dietary plan:

Eat three smaller meals a day and snack three times a day.

Example:

Baked or Grilled Chicken (Can be marinated or breaded. But NOT fried)

Steamed broccoli

Baked potato or brown rice pilaf.

If you have any other specific questions...please, feel free to ask them.

Take care and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

"A deer admires a lion. But all the members of our family are lions. So it doesn't matter which lion I admire. "

-Rener Gracie-

Everyone has offered me excellent advice, thanks guys!! :)

There are always two choices, two paths. One choice is easy and its only reward is it's easy.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

LOL, I am sorry, I didn't read your post. =laughs a good one= Wow, I feel like a butthead. I really didn't read it. I was trying to quickly touch upon things I didn't explain yesterday. So today I rushed. So uh, yeah. Good job.

As for you, Bonnyboy, if you give me your height weight and age. I can give you a complete diet routine to follow. As you mentioned yesterday, your BMI is high, but I really mean you can get past this with the right help. Also, now that I have had more time to read (would have saved me from looking a bit silly) don't try and loose past the 6 pounds in three weeks. If you shoot for more than that, you can lead yourself into gallbladder problems. Like I keep saying, rushing things will lead you into deeper waters. There are no true short cuts.

Oh, and kickchick, I lied. I copied you because I deeply respect you and your opinions. It had nothing to do with me being a knuckle-head. :blush:

"A deer admires a lion. But all the members of our family are lions. So it doesn't matter which lion I admire. "

-Rener Gracie-

lol

Mr Heel Hook,I'm 176cm tall, 187lbs, and 17 years old. I'm pretty inactive other than my MA training (2-3x a week), I spend a lot of time on my computer or reading. Doesn't look like I'll be training for a while since I hyper-extened my elbow, but I'm doing cardio.

There are always two choices, two paths. One choice is easy and its only reward is it's easy.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

It's like...I copied us both... :bawling: I get so confused! Ok though, on a serious note :idea: Bonnyboy, I will post later today, or tonight I guess with what your intake should be from the info you gave me.

-Rener Gracie-

Oh, and kickchick ( A bit off the subject a moment) how do you like Cardiokick boxing? I am ..........so bored of running I am going to try that. Never have, it'll be new for me. Can I...hmm...replace the running I do with that for a time? I dunno, kinda odd question but I am sooooooooooo bored to death with running.

-Rener Gracie-

Oh, and kickchick ( A bit off the subject a moment) how do you like Cardiokick boxing?

(Again off topic , but I will get back on later!) I LOVE it ... and I "teach" it!

...and highly recommend it .... as long as it is taught by someone with martial arts experience.

Running does really work your heart, but doesn't do too much to improve your flexibility. Cardio-Kickboxing works your entire body and is a lot of fun :up:

The UFC champion Frank Shamrock has been quoted as saying that his cardio conditioning is the single most important factor in his fighting success. He recommends working the heart like a muscle by doing sustained aerobic conditioning.

Some of the benefits of Cardio-Kickbox training are:

Stronger heart.

Fat loss through increased metabolism.

Better footwork coordination.

Being able to do combinations with rhythm

Release tension.

More enjoyable than stationary aerobics machines or running

Practice basic self defense moves

And if the class (as mine does) uses gloves & wavemaster...a heavy bag, you get the added benefit of resistance training which works the muscle.

Anymore info ... contact me!

Now back to topic.

With regards as to low carb dieting, there is one thing that I'd like to point out with regards as to why many people think that lowering carbs will lower body fat.... :-?

It is possible to gain several pounds in weight without gaining fat. That's because your body is made up of several different types of tissue, including muscle, bone, skin and fat. When you eat more calories than you burn, the body stores the extra energy, but not always in the form of fat.

Although excess carb calories can be converted into fat, your body also stores carbs in the form of glycogen

Glycogen is stored in your liver and your muscles. In total, your body can hold 400-500 grams of glycogen (the equivalent of 1600-2000 calories). Of course, this varies from person to person. The more muscle you have, the more glycogen you can store.

When you lose weight on a low-carbohydrate diet, much of the weight lost in the first week or so comes from stored carbs and water. That's because glycogen also stores between three and four times its own weight in water. So,when you overfeed on carbohydrate calories, much of the weight you gain will also be in the form of glycogen and water.

A good example comes from a team of Swedish researchers. They

took a group of five healthy volunteers, and fed them a low-carb diet for four days. This was followed by a similar period of high-carb diet.

Following the high-carb diet, the glycogen and water content of the muscles was shown to increase.

- The average increase in thigh size was 2.5%.

- The average increase in calf size was 4%.

The bottom line is that if you've been eating more carbs than normal, you'll probably gain a few pounds above your ideal weight. However, much of this extra weight will be in the form of glycogen and water, rather than fat.