• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

KarateForums.com Awards 2023: Winners Revealed!

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com. :)

After more than a month of nominating and voting, the 22nd edition of the KarateForums.com Awards have come to an end. It is now time for us to announce the winners!

Before I do so, I wanted to once again congratulate everyone who was nominated. Regardless of whether or not you won the award, the fact that you were nominated means that, when asked to identify a member who really stood out in the past year, your fellow community members thought of you. In the history of this community, only 169 members have ever been nominated for an award.

To be nominated is pretty cool, and you should be proud. If you did not win or were not nominated, please don't take it badly. These awards do have meaning, but they are also for fun and not everyone can win or be nominated. Please join me in congratulating our winners. :)

I would like to specifically thank everyone who participated in the process by nominating and voting. It is the community that selected the nominees and decided the winners. There are no KarateForums.com Awards without you.

Several nominees took the time to vote in categories where they were nominated. Since you can't vote for yourself, your choice is to vote for someone else or not vote at all. Though I can't reveal who voted for whom, please know that I appreciate everyone who thoughtfully voted in the categories where they were nominated. It says a lot about you, and I love to see it. If you are reading this now and realizing that you accidentally voted for yourself: Don't worry, those votes were deleted. :)

Without further ado, here are our winners:

1. Member of the Year: Zaine (for the 3rd consecutive year!)

2. Community Spirit Award: Wastelander

3. Staff Member of the Year: sensei8 (for the 4th year!)

4. Funniest Member of the Year: aurik

5. Karate Contributor of the Year: aurik (for the 2nd consecutive year!)

6. Health and Fitness Contributor of the Year: DarthPenguin

7. Instructors and School Owners Contributor of the Year: Zaine

Congratulations to aurik (2 wins!), Zaine (2 wins!), Wastelander, sensei8, and DarthPenguin!

Both Zaine (Member of the Year) and aurik (Funniest Member of the Year) won categories by unanimous nomination. In order to preserve the secrecy, these nominations were not initially reflected on our historical totals, but they are now. This also prevented me from previously mentioning that aurik was tied for the 2nd most nominations, with sensei8, with 3.

With their wins this year, both aurik and Zaine have moved themselves into the top 10 for most KarateForums.com Awards wins, as they are both tied in 9th place with 4 wins. Zaine becomes only the second member to threepeat for Member of the Year, following sensei8, who did so from 2009-2011. Congrats all around.

One other random fact: This is the first year since 2016 where we had no ties.

For past winners and all of the awards historical data, please check out: http://www.karateforums.com/awards.php

Thank you for reading and for supporting the KarateForums.com Awards.

Sincerely,

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congrats to all of the winners of the 2023 KF Awards. Until next years KF Awards, keep posting and let people know about KF. Train hard and train well!!

:bowofrespect:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Whoa! I am once again honored to have such an impact on this amazing community! Thanks for all the votes! And thank you, Patrick, for hosting such an amazing place for us to get together and talk!

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Wait... I won for funniest member of the year? Ummm.. how did that happen? :D

In all seriousness, I'm just glad to be here and able to contribute in a positive way, and share a bit of myself in the process. I'm glad y'all appreciate my contributions!

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

Thank you, all, and congratulations to all the winners!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Thank you for the kind replies, all. I appreciate the call-out, as well, John. :)

Can I get a participation trophy?

Sure. :) I'd like to present KarateKen with a trophy recognizing his outstanding contributions to KarateForums.com, which I know are recognized by members near and far. Thank you, Ken!

🏆

Thank you for the kind replies, all. I appreciate the call-out, as well, John. :)
Can I get a participation trophy?

Sure. :) I'd like to present KarateKen with a trophy recognizing his outstanding contributions to KarateForums.com, which I know are recognized by members near and far. Thank you, Ken!

🏆

:D