• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Horror Movies

KarateKen

It's that time of year. Halloween is just around the corner the fall weather is arriving and the ghosts and goblins are in the air. I also saw that the original Halloween movie was released 45 years ago today, October 25, 1978. I will have to watch that classic tonight. Though my favorite horror movie is the original Psycho.

I'm not a horror buff or anything like that, but I do get into them a little bit this time of year. What are some of your favorites?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My favorites are dealing with Escape rooms. Some of my favorite escape room movies are:

Cube 1

Cube 2: Hypercube

Cube Zero

Escape Room

Escape Room: Tournament of Champions

No Escape

Escape From Marwin

Even though the Saw series is an escape room type, they just never caught my interest.

For the most part, I'm not a big fan of horror movies at all. To me, the Nightmare on Elm Street series, Friday the 13th series, and Halloween series are all comical to me. On the flip side, there are many horror movies that I never ever want to see, It, for example, and there's one that I'll never ever finish it, I tried many times when I was in high school, but I spent more and more time out in the lobby playing video games, nor do I ever want to finish watching it...I see a tv coming soon of that movie or hear the music, I'm changing the channel fast, especially in October.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

As a kid, I always enjoyed The Monster Squad. Not a poorly done movie, and I always enjoy it. Not scary, but if your looking for Halloween jibes, it works.

I watched Halloween for the first time ever last week. I enjoyed myself.

My wife is a big fan of Hocus Pocus, and we've watched it already.

I'm not a big horror movie fan, I don't find them very entertaining nor scary. However, I do really like camp and B movies. So generally, if I choose to watch a horror film it's a bad one.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

I'm not a big horror movie fan, I don't find them very entertaining nor scary. However, I do really like camp and B movies. So generally, if I choose to watch a horror film it's a bad one.

There is definitely a market for that. There seems to be two types of movies that people love to watch when they are horrible. One is horror and the other is martial arts. The worse they are the more people like them. Zombie movies seems to be the prime example.

You might like Monster Squad then. Kind of a Halloweenish Goonies movie.

I'm not a huge horror fan so my knowledge is somewhat limited, but I'd say Scream or Friday the 13th. Those are popular answers, I know, so I guess I'll say Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan for a more unique one, haha.

I'm not a big horror fan either, but we did introduce Zach to the original "Bettlejuice" movie last weekend.

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

• 2 weeks later...

This is a terrible horror movie and there is no reason to watch it unless you enjoy remarkably and offensively bad films. The movie is called Thankskilling. A low budget horror film about a group of college students on Thanksgiving break who get attacked by a violent turkey.

It is so stupid it has to be seen to be believed. If you watch it and enjoy it you might consider the sequel, Thankskilling 3.

Note that this is NOT a family movie and should not be watched with children or anyone who is easily offended. Or anyone who is offendable.