• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Aragaki Seisho

Revario

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'll be honest, I had never heard of him until I saw your question. When I read up on him, I realized that he was an instructor of several notable masters, including Gichin Funakoshi, Chojun Miyagi, and even Kanbun Uechi, which was a surprise to me. In Uechi-Ryu, he is not even mentioned -- we are only told that his instructor was Shushiwa. So I would definitely like to learn more about him.

Given that he lived and taught so long ago, before motion pictures were invented, we may never truly know what his kata actually looked like.

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

• 2 weeks later...

I know he was also one O Sensei Chitose. I have heard legends that the closest thing to his style was Goju Ryu.... as well as t Chito Ryu. Which from my understanding both style do differ in their Kata. CChito Ryu Kata are quite unique even if they share the name of some in other styles.

It seems like a very unique style in that way. I am fairly new to it myself and have lots of questions in regard to the origins and choices to have kata in that specific method.

Vitae Brevis, Ars Longa