• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello this is my brief intro

SteveiV

I am a student of Traditional Wado Ryu Karate Jitsu. Starting my journey back in the mists of time at the Professor Tatsuo School of Karate at Cromer Street Kings Cross London UK in January 1967. Hanshi Tatsuo Suzuki was my main Sensei for 32 years. I have been fortunate to have received instruction from many Japanese Sensei and even participated in a 4 day course in 1970 led by the founder of Wado Ryu Karate Jitsu Meijin Hironori Ohtsuka. Karate has become a large part of my life and my studies have been primarily driven by my spiritual need for understanding the purpose of being. Karate Do being my chosen vehicle as opposed to spending a lifetime in meditation.

Devotee of Traditional Karate Do as a way of life

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to the forums! I'm sure with your years of experience, you'll have plenty to contribute here. I look forward to hearing your insights.

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

I am a student of Traditional Wado Ryu Karate Jitsu. Starting my journey back in the mists of time at the Professor Tatsuo School of Karate at Cromer Street Kings Cross London UK in January 1967. Hanshi Tatsuo Suzuki was my main Sensei for 32 years. I have been fortunate to have received instruction from many Japanese Sensei and even participated in a 4 day course in 1970 led by the founder of Wado Ryu Karate Jitsu Meijin Hironori Ohtsuka. Karate has become a large part of my life and my studies have been primarily driven by my spiritual need for understanding the purpose of being. Karate Do being my chosen vehicle as opposed to spending a lifetime in meditation.

Welcome, SteveiV. I am of the same mind as you about making karate a large part of my life and filling the spiritual needs.

Karate no michi! :karate:

Godan in Ryukyu Kempo

Head of the Shubu Kan Dojo in Watertown, NY

(United Ryukyu Kempo Alliance)

Welcome to the forum!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society