• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Happy 4th of July!

bushido_man96

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Since Monday was my son's birthday, we ended up spending the 4 day weekend in Colorado Springs to celebrate :)

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

Happy Belated 4th of July!!

My family and I did absolutely nothing to celebrate the 4th of July. Not that we're against celebrating that festive moment, it's just that we find the solemn comfort within the inside the safety of our own home.

Sin City is a fun place but the craziness of the throng of the collected crowded masses is just not our cup of tea. So, we watched the annual fireworks on the boob tube to our content and celebrated hearts.

Not to put a wet blanket on neither this thread and/or the 4th of July, unfortunately over this 4th of July weekend there've been 17 mass shootings whereas many as of 18 have lost their lives and 108 injured due to senseless acts. My prayers and condolences go out to the victims and their families.

:cry:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Happy Belated 4th of July!!

unfortunately over this 4th of July weekend there've been 17 mass shootings whereas many as of 18 have lost their lives and 108 injured due to senseless acts. My prayers and condolences go out to the victims and their families.

I had not seen any news on it but I am not surprised. I figured there would be some of this. It's sickening that there is so much violence in the world.

• 11 months later...

Wife and I watched the Macy's Fireworks show on TV. Speaking about Macy's Fireworks show, Macy spent $6M on fireworks alone, and they used over 60K fireworks shells launched from 5 barges on the Hudson River. Earlier in the day we went to the movies to see A Quite Place: Day One.

We don't buy fireworks for no particular reasons. Riding my scooter through the neighborhood a day after the 4th of July, I saw a house about a mile away from where I live, this house had stacks upon stacks piled on the curb of spent fireworks, and apparently, they bought enough fireworks to hold their own fireworks show. Everywhere I saw the sulfur stains on the ground: seems everyone had a great personal fireworks show.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!