• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In depth Karate in Ottawa, Ontario

Revario

Hi, I am new to the forum. I am a Karate practitionner with background in various other arts. I am presently aiming at looking deeper into Chito Ryu and to do it from a practical standpoint. I find it extremely important for Karate to retain its nature of self defense and not competition.

I reside in the Ottawa, Ontario area and wish to have some sort of community or group of people who are interested in Karate (not specifically Chito Ryu) in that sense. I am looking for serious practice in bunkai as well as kake-kumite/Irikumi .

Practicing with people from other style or Art gives one the opportunity to develop in a different way and explore their horizon even more. If you wish to share anything in that regards whether images, videos, events in the Ottawa area or an interest to train with me please do not hesitate to post or Dm me.

Vitae Brevis, Ars Longa

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to KarateForums.com, Revario; glad that you're here!!

I sincerely hope you find what you're looking for, including someone who you can train with in your area, in everything you're interested in so that you can broaden your MA betterment. I believe that we have a solid diversity in MA knowledge and background here at KF.

I look forward to your contributions here at KF.

Train hard and train well.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

There is a West Ottawa Uechi Ryu dojo. It will be considerably different from the Chito Ryu you are familiar with, but we do have very effective self defense techniques. Of course some of the techniques do require quite a bit of training and conditioning to do well…

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

Welcome to the forum!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

There is a West Ottawa Uechi Ryu dojo. It will be considerably different from the Chito Ryu you are familiar with, but we do have very effective self defense techniques. Of course some of the techniques do require quite a bit of training and conditioning to do well…

Hi, I have been looking for Uechi Ryu in the Ottawa Area for a while. Can you Dm me for more details (I am too new to dm yet apparently)

Vitae Brevis, Ars Longa

I sent you a PM with some contact information. It may be out of date, but it is at least worth looking into.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck on your search!

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice