• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Official National Hockey League Appreciation Thread

aurik

The Knights definitely deserved the win. They pretty much had the Panthers' number throughout the Finals, and it didn't help that Tkachuk was injured for game 5, but for previous games he didn't help his team by taking lots of penalties. (10 minute misconduct in game 3, anyone)?

Agreed. They were the far better team in this series.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tkachuk had a broken sternum, according to Paul Maurice. It happened after that hit in game 3. He still returned to score a goal and played part of the next game.

Yeah, Paul Maurice said that no less than 4 guys were playing with broken bones. Aaron Ekblad, for example, had a broken foot, a torn oblique, and separated his shoulder, TWICE. And yet he still was playing at a very high level. Honestly, to a certain degree the team that can stay the healthiest through the playoffs will often win.

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

As everyone knows by now, the Vegas Golden Knights are the 2023 Stanley Cup champions, and their fans won't have to wait long to celebrate their victory. The Golden Knights are set to hold their championship parade this Saturday on the Las Vegas Strip starting at 7pm.

The parade will begin on Saturday on Flamingo Road and will extend to Tropicana Boulevard. The Strip will be closed on both sides during the parade. After the parade, fans will get together Toshiba Plaza and the Park District in front of T-Mobile Arena at 9pm.

This is not the first time that the city of Las Vegas had the chance to celebrate a Champion. It's now the 2nd time. The WNBA Aces won 2022 WNBA Championship with a parade on the Strip, which a big celebration was in full force in front of the Bellagio fountains. It was the first-ever major sports championship for a Las Vegas-based team.

What's cool to me is that double-decker buses are on deck to transport the Golden Knights down the Strip. What a better way because the players will be very easy to see on high with the Stanley Cup in tow.

Since 1995, players, coaches and club personnel from each championship team get their own day with the Stanley Cup. They can take it back to their home country, show up at their childhood rink, introduce it to all those individuals who helped along the way in the journey to obtain the Cup.

Where the Cup goes, so does the Stanley Cup Keeper. Five people guard and protect and shuttle the Cup from one place to the next. The five Keepers care for the Cup, makes sure that the Cup is not damaged, and ensures that the Cup is treated with respect. The winning teams players get to each spend a day with the Cup, and they get to take the Cup wherever they want to. I've no idea the order of who gets the Cup first, second, and so on and so forth. What I do know is that the Stanley Cup will be very busy for a bit as it continues to earn more air-miles on its journey of celebration.

One day, perhaps, there'll be another Championship parade and celebration should the Las Vegas Raiders ever win the Super Bowl.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

As everyone knows by now, the Vegas Golden Knights are the 2023 Stanley Cup champions, and their fans won't have to wait long to celebrate their victory. The Golden Knights are set to hold their championship parade this Saturday on the Las Vegas Strip starting at 7pm.

The parade will begin on Saturday on Flamingo Road and will extend to Tropicana Boulevard. The Strip will be closed on both sides during the parade. After the parade, fans will get together Toshiba Plaza and the Park District in front of T-Mobile Arena at 9pm.

This is not the first time that the city of Las Vegas had the chance to celebrate a Champion. It's now the 2nd time. The WNBA Aces won 2022 WNBA Championship with a parade on the Strip, which a big celebration was in full force in front of the Bellagio fountains. It was the first-ever major sports championship for a Las Vegas-based team.

What's cool to me is that double-decker buses are on deck to transport the Golden Knights down the Strip. What a better way because the players will be very easy to see on high with the Stanley Cup in tow.

Since 1995, players, coaches and club personnel from each championship team get their own day with the Stanley Cup. They can take it back to their home country, show up at their childhood rink, introduce it to all those individuals who helped along the way in the journey to obtain the Cup.

Where the Cup goes, so does the Stanley Cup Keeper. Five people guard and protect and shuttle the Cup from one place to the next. The five Keepers care for the Cup, makes sure that the Cup is not damaged, and ensures that the Cup is treated with respect. The winning teams players get to each spend a day with the Cup, and they get to take the Cup wherever they want to. I've no idea the order of who gets the Cup first, second, and so on and so forth. What I do know is that the Stanley Cup will be very busy for a bit as it continues to earn more air-miles on its journey of celebration.

One day, perhaps, there'll be another Championship parade and celebration should the Las Vegas Raiders ever win the Super Bowl.

Going to be crazy. Are you planning to attend?

Tkachuk had a broken sternum, according to Paul Maurice. It happened after that hit in game 3. He still returned to score a goal and played part of the next game.

Yeah, Paul Maurice said that no less than 4 guys were playing with broken bones. Aaron Ekblad, for example, had a broken foot, a torn oblique, and separated his shoulder, TWICE. And yet he still was playing at a very high level. Honestly, to a certain degree the team that can stay the healthiest through the playoffs will often win.

To win the cup you clearly have to be good, but I do think that you have to have a little bit of good luck also. Health, matchups, puck bounces, ect can all play a factor. That is not taking away anything from the winner, just the reality of a two-month playoff format.

No way!!

After seeing the sea of fans outside of the T-Mobile Arena during the Stanley Cup Finals, and the Strip being closed to cars on both sides with that being an Ocean Swells of fans.

I think I'll just stay home!!

To win the cup you clearly have to be good, but I do think that you have to have a little bit of good luck also. Health, matchups, puck bounces, ect can all play a factor. That is not taking away anything from the winner, just the reality of a two-month playoff format.

It definitely takes an entire team effort hitting on all cylinders to win any Championship.

After seeing the sea of fans outside of the T-Mobile Arena during the Stanley Cup Finals, and the Strip being closed to cars on both sides with that being an Ocean Swells of fans.

Yeah, I made it a point to stay home yesterday because it was the Denver Nuggets' championship parade. No way in heck was I going to try to drive through that insanity.

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

Yeah, I made it a point to stay home yesterday because it was the Denver Nuggets' championship parade. No way in heck was I going to try to drive through that insanity.

I that regards, I believe that you and I might 've decided quite smartly.

:D

No way!!

Read that there could be 300,000 or more people down there for it. I'd stay away from that madness also. :lol: