• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Official National Hockey League Appreciation Thread

aurik

The Golden Knights run for a repeat came to an end on Sunday in Dallas, Stars take it 2-1. After losing in six games to Vegas last year, Dallas bounces back and wins this time. They will play Colorado next starting on Tuesday night. Game 1 will be in Dallas.

The NYR won the opening game against Carolona to take the early series lead, making the Rangers the first team to win a round 2 game this year.

Boston and Florida play game one on Monday.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dallas defeats the Knights in Game 7 to advance. I’m debating whether I can afford to go to game 3 or 4 of the Stars/Avs series, since I have lived in both Dallas and Denver. It promises to be a really good series

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

Well, the Knights fell to the Star in game 7 with the score of 2-1 on Star's ice. Oh well, they fought tooth and nail to the very end. Congrats to the Stars; well-deserved and good luck to the rest of the playoffs.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I'm pretty impressed with myself -- I picked 7/8 in the first round -- the only one I didn't pick correctly was the Rangers/Caps series. Now I only picked one "number of games in the series" correctly... let's see how my bracket holds up in Round 2!

My Journey (So Far)

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Both games last night went to overtime! The Rangers beat the 'Canes in the 2nd OT, and the Avs came back from a 3-0 deficit to beat the Stars in OT. Historically, anytime a game goes to 2OT or beyond, the losing team is very likely to lose the entire series -- OT games can be brutal.

So far the Rangers are undefeated in this years' playoffs...

My Journey (So Far)

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Both games last night went to overtime! The Rangers beat the 'Canes in the 2nd OT, and the Avs came back from a 3-0 deficit to beat the Stars in OT. Historically, anytime a game goes to 2OT or beyond, the losing team is very likely to lose the entire series -- OT games can be brutal.

So far the Rangers are undefeated in this years' playoffs...

Rangers win again, 3-2 over Carolina on Thursday. My preseason pick of Vegas and Carolina in the finals is one game away from being fully trashed.

Interesting point about the 2OT. I never knew that but it makes perfect sense. Last year when Florida won the 4OT game against Carolina in game one it kind of felt like the series was over, but I never realized it was so common.

Toronto has fired head coach Sheldon Keefe after the Leafs first round exit.

Winnipeg coach Rick Bowness has retired. The Jets were better this season and back in early January were the top team in the league, however they end the season the way they ended it last year, winning game one then losing four in a row to be eliminated in the first round. It was a disappointing finish to what was otherwise a decent season for Winnipeg.

Carolina avoids the sweep by beating the Rangers and giving NY their first loss of the postseason.

Dallas wins game three in Colorado, 4-1, and takes a 2-1 lead in the series.

Two games on Sunday, Florida @ Boston and Vancouver @ Edmonton.

Florida wins against Boston, takes a 3-1 lead in the series, Vancouver wins in Edmonton and takes a 2-1 series lead.

Game 5 of NY/CAR and game 4 of DAL/COL are both on Monday and both air on ESPN.