• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Official National Hockey League Appreciation Thread

aurik

Auston Matthews is at 69 goals, McDavid is at 99 assists. The Oilers might sit McDavid the rest of the regular season though, make sure he is good to go for the playoffs.

So much for that. McDavid played on Monday and got assist number 100, making him one of only four players in league history to have 100 assists in a single season. The last time it happened was in 1991 when Gretzky had 122. The other two players are Bobby Orr and Mario Lemieux.

The NY Islanders have clinched leaving only one playoff spot left. Detroit, Washington, and Pittsburg each have one game left (all on the road), Detroit and Washington have 89 points, Pitt has 88. Wings play in Montreal on Wednesday, Caps play in Philly as well, then Pitt plays at NY Islanders on Thursday.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a scoreless 1st period, the Knights scored once in the 2nd period, while the Blackhawks remained scoreless through periods 1 and 2. Blackhawks finally found the Knights net and the Knights scored as well in the 3rd period. Knights won with the score of 3-1.

One last game for the regular season against 7th place Ducks of the Pacific.

Not all too excited about facing the Stars or the Avalanche, if we draw either in the playoffs because the Stars are HOT and the Avalanche offense and defense are effective. Either way with those two, it comes down at the net.

GO KNIGHTS!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Washington got the final playoff spot in the east, meaning they will face the NY Rangers in the first round, Rangers finished the season with the best record in the NHL. Winnipeg has locked up second place in the central division, but there are still some other seedings that need to be sorted out over the next couple of days. We do know all the teams that are in it.

NY Rangers, NY Islanders, Boston, Florida, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Toronto and Washinton.

Vancouver, Dallas, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Colorado, Nashville, Vegas, and Los Angeles.

Last night's season finale between the Stars and Blues was a pretty cool goaltending battle that didn't get settled until the shootout. Oettinger made no less than two spectacular saves, and one of them was completely by accident. Towards the end of OT, the Blues had Robert Thomas set up for a perfect one-timer which he set sailing into an empty net. Oettinger knew he was beat and just swung his stick out there like "oh heck, it's going in". What do you know, it caught the puck off the stick and went careening into the corner. Clearly the puck gods were smiling on him last night:

You could see it on his face when they were showing the replays on the jumbotron. The other save was when he got caught out of position, and was able to leap across the crease to stop a puck that was going in on the other side:

Binnington also had an excellent evening, but didn't have any amazing saves like those 2.

Personally, I'd love to see either the Avs or Stars win the Cup this year, since my Blues are now hitting the links...

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

First round playoff matchups in the east:

Rangers vs Capitals

Panthers vs Lightning

Hurricanes vs Islanders

Bruins vs Maple Leafs

In the west:

Stars vs Golden Knights

Jets vs Avalanche

Kings vs Oilers

Canucks vs Predators

Rangers vs Capitals

Panthers vs Lightning

Hurricanes vs Islanders

Bruins vs Maple Leafs

In the west:

Stars vs Golden Knights

Jets vs Avalanche

Kings vs Oilers

Canucks vs Predators

Nnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooo to the bold type above. I was afraid that would happen. The Stars are super-hot and the Knights play on the Stars ice.

And of course, the 7th place Ducks in the Pacific quacked all over the Knights on the Knights last game of the regular season on Knights ice by the score of 4-1.

GO KNIGHTS!!

:bawling:

Rangers vs Capitals

Panthers vs Lightning

Hurricanes vs Islanders

Bruins vs Maple Leafs

In the west:

Stars vs Golden Knights

Jets vs Avalanche

Kings vs Oilers

Canucks vs Predators

Nnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooo to the bold type above. I was afraid that would happen. The Stars are super-hot and the Knights play on the Stars ice.

And of course, the 7th place Ducks in the Pacific quacked all over the Knights on the Knights last game of the regular season on Knights ice by the score of 4-1.

GO KNIGHTS!!

If you are looking for a confidence booster, just remember that Vegas won all three regular season games against Dallas this season, and Vegas might get some healthy players back in time for Monday's game 1.

Rangers vs Capitals

Panthers vs Lightning

Hurricanes vs Islanders

Bruins vs Maple Leafs

In the west:

Stars vs Golden Knights

Jets vs Avalanche

Kings vs Oilers

Canucks vs Predators

GO KNIGHTS!!

If you are looking for a confidence booster, just remember that Vegas won all three regular season games against Dallas this season, and Vegas might get some healthy players back in time for Monday's game 1.

That's uplifting, for sure. Knight has to protect the net as never before. Give Dallas an inch, they'll take that mile for sure.

GO KNIGHTS!!

:)

For what it is worth (which is nothing) here are my predicted first round winners:

Carolina, Tampa Bay, NY Rangers, and Boston in the east.

Winnipeg, Nashville, Edmonton, and Vegas in the west. (I am only picking Vegas because I had Vegas vs Carolina in the finals before the season, I actually think Dallas will win.)

OK, I masterfully played both sides of the fence on that last pick, so I am sure to get at least one series correct.

Edited by KarateKen