• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Official National Hockey League Appreciation Thread

aurik

Interested to look at some of the best players in the NHL that never won the cup. Here are a few names that come to mind right away for me:

Retired: Jeremy Roenick, Pavel Bure, Adam Oates

Active players who could still win the cup: Connor McDavid, Leon Draisaitl, Carrey Price, Austin Matthews, Erik Karlsson.

Who is on your list?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric Staal is signing a one-day contract to retire as a Carolina Hurricane. The team will retire his #12 during the regular season.

Good to hear.

I think the one-day contract in pro-sports are kind of cool. Maybe other businesses should try that...or maybe not.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Eric Staal is signing a one-day contract to retire as a Carolina Hurricane. The team will retire his #12 during the regular season.

Good to hear.

I think the one-day contract in pro-sports are kind of cool. Maybe other businesses should try that...or maybe not.

:)

I had a one-day contract at a job once but it wasn't on purpose.

Interested to look at some of the best players in the NHL that never won the cup. Here are a few names that come to mind right away for me:

Retired: Jeremy Roenick, Pavel Bure, Adam Oates

Active players who could still win the cup: Connor McDavid, Leon Draisaitl, Carrey Price, Austin Matthews, Erik Karlsson.

Who is on your list?

Curtis Joseph, Roberto Luongo, and Adam Oates come to mind. After all, what Blues fan doesn't recall one of the best center/winger pairs of Hull and Oates? And you can't leave CuJo off the list either.

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

• 5 weeks later...

I'm sorry to report this tragic story.

Blue Jackets winger Johnny Gaudreau (31 years old), and his brother Matthew (29 years old), were both killed while bike riding on August 29th in New Jersey. They were hit by a car and died at the scene. It is believed that the driver was intoxicated.

The brothers were visiting the area for their sister's weeding Friday in Philadelphia.

Full story here:

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/41053342/blue-jackets-winger-johnny-gaudreau-brother-matthew-die

So sad!! My prayers and condolences go out to their family, friends, the entire Blue Jackets organization, and their fans during this difficult time.

:cry:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2024 at 12:13 AM, KarateKen said:

Regular season will start on October 8.  Wow, it feels like hockey season just ended and we are already less than a month away from it starting again. Summer always goes by fast. 

Preseason starts this month!!

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice