• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm Possible!!

Every day in every Martial Arts school worldwide there’s not one student and/or one Chief Instructor and their teaching staff that haven’t ever uttered the most depraving words know to humanity regarding to the learning and/or teaching the Martial Arts to themselves and/or to those in the sound of their voice…IMPOSSIBLE!!

Oh, whatever it is, if it’s involving the Martial Arts, it has a nagging and nasty habit in making everything Martial Arts seem quite impossible to achieve, as though one’s abilities, in any regard, has a shelf life of its own that’s about to expire or has already expired.

However!! But!! These words negate any possibilities before they ever can achieve any positive altitude. “You’ve got what it takes. But…” “There’s nothing that you can’t achieve. However…” Oftentimes, and with malicious intent, these words can destroy right down to the core of anyone.

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

IM-POSSIBLE!! I'm Possible!!

They say it’s impossible!! HA!! I say to that…I’m Possible!! They say that it’s impossible to pass the Testing Cycle…HA…I’m Possible!! They say that it’s impossible to own/operate a MA school and/or be its CI…HA…I’m Possible!! They say that it’s impossible to train in the MA…HA…I’m Possible!! They say that it’s impossible to earn a Black Belt or any other rank…HA…I’m Possible!!

Impossible!?! HA!! To all of the doubters...I’m Possible!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

When I was a teacher, and constantly as a Dad, I found that I often repeated the words that my Mom and Dad told me when I was frustrated with a task. They always told me "It's okay to feel frustrated right now, you can't help what you don't know. What you can help is learning the steps and getting better." This reminds me of that.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

They are wise people, I am finding in my adult years. If 16 year old me heard present me saying this, he would scoff, but even he would know that this is true.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

I like this quote from Henry Ford:

“If you think you can, or you think uou can’t, you’re probably right.”

I say that often to my son when he gets frustrated and says that it’s impossible.

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

• 3 months later...

I have to disagree.

It is great to strive for greatness, but realistically not everyone will be next Tyson or Oyama or Silva.

We should instead to be the best WE can be.

For example due to work, and having kids I know I cant train as much as I used to. There is simply no time.

So I cant realistically say its possible to became world champion or hone my technique even grand masters would be jealous.

Ofcourse it wont stop me from giving the very best I can afford at the moment.

A style is just a name.