• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Goju Ryu in MMA, and the different Goju Ryu styles

Shojiko

Ok so it’s like 400 page chronology that starts in 300BC or so.

If you really like history thats only slightly related to karate particularly goju you’ll enjoy this book.

If you want some level of insight into how goju and karate was trained before WWI, I have not really seen much of that.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I’m only 30 or so pages in. Nothing particularly interesting in regards to training related information.

Apparently some fancy martial arts committee labeled goju as an ancient Japanese martial art, the only style of karate to be recognized as such

Title?

So far I’m only 30 or so pages in. Nothing particularly interesting in regards to training related information.

Apparently some fancy martial arts committee labeled goju as an ancient Japanese martial art, the only style of karate to be recognized as such

Title?

Goju ryu karate do desk reference guide

In my opinion, any attention to Okinawan or (any Karate styles for that matter) that showcases in MMA or full contact resistance is priceless.

It will be interesting to hear more about fighters with Wado Ryu and Uechi Ryu background utilizing their techniques in MMA competitions.

Natan Levy started out in Uechi-Ryu -- he holds either a 3rd or 4th degree under Kiyohide Shinjo Sensei.

Him performing Sanseiryu (required for 4th degree):

Fight vs Ben Lugo:

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

Title?

Thanks, think I found it. By Johnpaul Williams?

Title?

Thanks, think I found it. By Johnpaul Williams?

yep.

Wanna know when some random dude you’ve never heard of was born? It’s the right book for you lol