• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

DarthPenguins Training log of an unfit person!

Thursday 8 August

Lifting Session

Trap Bar deadlift

70kg x 5

80kg x 3

90kg x 3

105kg x 8

105kg x 8

105kg x 8

105kg x 8

105kg x 14

The requirement for the top set here is to leave 2-3 reps in the tank so stopped at 14. If going from AMRAP i could have squeezed out a few more

Seated overhead press

20kg x 5

30kg x 5

40kg x 5

45kg x 5

50kg x 6

Cable chest fly

20kg x 10

20kg x 10

20kg x 10

Bulgarian split squat (reps are total L + R)

12kg x 12

12kg x 12

12kg x 12

slowly getting a groove down. Once i have the technique sorted and consistent i think this should increase a decent amount

One hand gi grip cable row (reps are total of L + R)

20kg x 24

20kg x 24

20kg x 24

didnt use the handle and held the staps like a pistol grip as though that would be more useful for grappling - seemed like a good choice!

Cable lateral raise (reps are total L + R)

10kg x 20

10kg x 20

10kg x 20

Triceps overhead extension

30kg x 15

30kg x 15

30kg x 15

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's too bad those annoying guys show up in training. Sounds like you did his ego a favor, though. Hopefully he learns to shut up and train, but not likely.

Yeah i am just avoiding him tbh and will try to do so as much as possible. Otherwise i am going to begin his introduction to pins (easiest way of avoiding either of us getting hurt!)

One of two things happens to people like this; they learn their lesson, or they quit and forever tell stories of how they quit because an instructor held them back, or didn't realize their potential, or some such nonsense.

It's too bad those annoying guys show up in training. Sounds like you did his ego a favor, though. Hopefully he learns to shut up and train, but not likely.

Yeah i am just avoiding him tbh and will try to do so as much as possible. Otherwise i am going to begin his introduction to pins (easiest way of avoiding either of us getting hurt!)

One of two things happens to people like this; they learn their lesson, or they quit and forever tell stories of how they quit because an instructor held them back, or didn't realize their potential, or some such nonsense.

Yeah very true!

Tuesday 13th August

Lifting Session

Bench Press

20kg x 5

40kg x 5

60kg x 8

60kg x 8

60kg x 8

60kg x 8

60kg x 10

Squat

20kg x 5

40kg x 5

62.5kg x 5

72.5kg x 5

82.5kg x 5

Cacle chest flye

20kg x 11

20kg x 11

20kg x 11

Face pulls

25kg x 10

25kg x 10

25kg x 10

Cable lateral raise (reps = total L +R)

10kg x 22

10kg x 22

10kg x 22

Lying leg curls

20kg x 9

20kg x 9

20kg x 9

With all of your workouts, DarthPenguin, I believe that you're no longer that unfit person. Your workout ethics are something to be proud of. Keep up working out.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

With all of your workouts, DarthPenguin, I believe that you're no longer that unfit person. Your workout ethics are something to be proud of. Keep up working out.

:)

Thanks! I'd still class myself as unfit lol (though that is likely based on my having a skewed perspective of what is fit!) I do have a clear metric though when i will allow myself to class myself as quasi-fit!

Wednesday 14 August

Karate Session

Warm ups as usual then a slight different. Assumed neutral stance and did lots of punching drills (we don't typically do this as a drill).

Then we partnered up and worked on counter gyaku tzuki strikes: one partner punches you to shoulder (did shoulder as we were working with reasonable contact) and as soon as they threw it you were to try to 'beat them to the punch' with a chudan gyaku tzuki. Worked multiple rounds of this then worked a drill where one person have to stand backed up against a wall, entire class formed a line and attacked with a single unannounced attack of there choice which had to be blocked and then countered with a gyaku tzuki. Really good drill i thought.

Then a little work on blocking with force/impact to hurt the opponent rather than being passive.

Followed up with some run throughs of kata with a lot of emphasis on force in strikes. Spent a while working the hammer fist near the beginning of Heian Shodan. Lots of emphasis also placed on the front arm in shuto uke, elbow still protecting ribs when executing it.

Friday 16 August

Lifting Session

Seated overhead barbell press

20kg x 5

30kg x 5

45kg x 3

50kg x 3

50kg x 8

50kg x 8

50kg x 10

On the first 50kg set it felt a little odd but when done i noticed i had accidently loaded another 2.5kg plate on that side - on the plus side i managed it fine lol

Trap Bar deadlift

70kg x 5

80kg x 5

90kg x 3

100kg x 3

112.5kg x 3

127.5kg x 4

Lateral cable raise (superset with bulgarian split squats: reps = total of L + R )

10kg x 24

10kg x 24

10kg x 24

bulgarian split squat (reps = total of L: + R)

12kg x 14

12kg x 14

12kg x 14

Cable wrist roller

5kg x 3

5kg x 3

new exercise here - tried using my ironmind wrist roller on the cable machine. felt good but sore!

On the first 50kg set it felt a little odd but when done i noticed i had accidently loaded another 2.5kg plate on that side - on the plus side i managed it fine lol

The old misload. How do those little plates sneak on there, anyway??? ;)

The old misload. How do those little plates sneak on there, anyway??? ;)

i had used it for the set before and taken it off the bar and thought i had put it on one of the weight horns but i think i absent mindedly put it back on the bar. At least it wasn't a 10kg plate or something - that might have been an issue!!