• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

DarthPenguins Training log of an unfit person!

Tuesday 19 December

Lifting Session

Bench press

20kg x 5

40kg x 5

52.5kg x 3

60kg x 3

70kg x 7

Machine chest press

100kg x 10

100kg x 10

100kg x 10

100kg x 10

100kg x 10

Machine seated row

100kg x 7

100kg x 7

100kg x 7

100kg x 7

100kg x 7

Lat pulldown

60kg x 10

60kg x 10

60kg x 10

Triceps rope pushdown

35kg x 12

35kg x 12

35kg x 12

biceps cable curl

35kg x 12

35kg x 12

35kg x 12

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday 23 December

Lifting Session

Seated overhea barbell press

20kg x 5

25kg x 5

30kg x 3

35kg x 3

40kg x 3

45kg x 8

Face Pull

20kg x 20

20kg x 20

20kg x 20

Cable Lateral Raise (reps are per arm)

5kg x 11

5kg x 11

5kg x 11

Lat pulldown

60kg x 12

60kg x 12

60kg x 12

Leg extension

35kg x 10

35kg x 10

35kg x 10

Triceps rope pushdown

35kg x 12

35kg x 12

35kg x 12

35kg x 12

biceps cable curl

35kg x 12

35kg x 12

35kg x 12

35kg x 12

As an update i have had covid since just before new years (annoyingly) so not been able to train properly :(

out of stubbornness though i have still been trying to use my new ski erg machine once a day. Started with 600m on the 1st and adding 50m a day. Have managed it every day so far.

Thought it would be good to get it into my daily routine as can always do with more conditioning work. Am trying to build it up to 2k to start and then the plan will be to do that a few times a week and shorter distances on other days. Will then gradually work on increasing distances further.

Am liking the machine so far though

Monday 8th January

Lifting Session

Trap bar deadlift

70kg x 5

80kg x 5

95kg x 5

107.5kg x 3

122.5kg x 10

Was pleased with this, probably could have tried to force out one more rep but though that would have negative impact on rest of session so didn't

Incline bench press (tri-set with following two exercises)

50kg x 7

50kg x 7

50kg x 7

Lat pulldown (part of tri set)

65kg x 10

65kg x 10

65kg x 10

Face pulls (part of tri set)

25kg x 8

25kg x 8

25kg x 8

Could probably have done more here but i had programmed in 8 reps and didn't want to accidentally impact the remainder of workout

Triceps rope pushdowns (superset with biceps curls)

40kg x 10

40kg x 10

40kg x 10

Cable biceps curls (part of superset)

40kg x 10

40kg x 10

40kg x 10

ski erg : did 1k

Hope you get to feeling better soon, DP.

That ski erg machine sounds kind of interesting. It definitely helps to do conditioning on something you enjoy, and it sounds like you enjoy it.

Hope you get to feeling better soon, DP.

That ski erg machine sounds kind of interesting. It definitely helps to do conditioning on something you enjoy, and it sounds like you enjoy it.

Thanks! Pretty much over it now though been left with a bit of a chest infection.

Yeah i am quite liking the ski erg machine. It is one of the few conditioning devices i could find that had a heavy upper body emphasis. I thought that working on some upper body endurance would help a lot, plus it does still work the aerobic system. I walk a lot already so it made sense to me. Came down to a choice between this and an assault bike but pleased with the choice i made so far!

Friday 12th January

Lifting session

abridged session as could only manage to fit in 30min today at lunch, but something is better than nothing!

Bench press

20kg x 5

40kg x 5

57.5kg x 5

65kg x 3

72.5kg x 5

lat pulldown (superset these with bench press)

70kg x 8

70kg x 8

70kg x 8

70kg x 8

70kg x 8

Triceps rope pushdown

40kg x 12

40kg x 12

40kg x 12

these felt a little tougher on the final reps of each set so will likely stick at this weight for a while

biceps cable curls

40kg x 12

40kg x 12

40kg x 12

cable flyes

15kg x 12

15kg x 12

15kg x 12

ski erg : 1k

Saturday 13 January

BJJ Session

Session was mainly working on avoiding being flattened out in a knee shield half guard and then escaping out onto knees in dogfight position. Working a lot on using a frame with the same side arm as the knee shield into opponents throat area to create space. Worked on that and then drilled it with resistance a lot then several round of sparring.

Managed to pull off several cross collar chokes which was good as i am trying to really work on using them from my back. Also managed one bow and arrow choke which i was pleased with as it used to be one of my favourites.

main focuses going forwards will be to continue to work on active gripping and on having a clear system of progression from one technique to the next depending on opponents responses (so less 'seeing what is available')

main focuses going forwards will be to continue to work on active gripping and on having a clear system of progression from one technique to the next depending on opponents responses (so less 'seeing what is available')

In wrestling, this is referred to as "chain wrestling," using one move to set up the next, or to a more appropriate response if the opponent does something different. It's really the next level stuff.

In wrestling, this is referred to as "chain wrestling," using one move to set up the next, or to a more appropriate response if the opponent does something different. It's really the next level stuff.

Yeah it is what i need to work on next. I've made a start on trying it from in guard - i have some preferred grips and some chains i try to work from when there. Then need to start getting that smoother and working on the same from other positions.