• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

DarthPenguins Training log of an unfit person!

Is there anything you suggest for getting some exercise while feeling sick? Not anything strenuous, just something to get moving. I have been sick with a head cold all week, went to the gym yesterday and could tell within under 5 minutes that this wasn't gonna work, and went home.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just rest. There is no point in overtaxing your body. Some people say that it is good to "sweat it out" but there's no evidence that this does anything but make you feel more miserable. It's okay to take rest days when you are sick. The progress will still be there when you get back.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

yep, i would agree totally with both bushido_man and zaine. Slight caveat would be that sometimes you can do what you tried and try a little - you can quickly tell if you can manage a little work, which i do find sometimes can help. But if not up to it then don't do it!

In the grand scheme of things missing a few training sessions won't hurt anything really

Heaviest 'workout' i have had in ages today - my delivery of gym gear all arrived and i had to carry it from front door to back garden, up quite a few stairs in garden and into new cabin. Lots of equipment so i felt it by the end - was 2 full pallets worth! I had never appreciated how heavy rubber mats were until you move 60 of them (300kg worth!)

Have a fun weekend ahead now assembling it all!

Definitely feeling better, I quit spitting up the phlegm a few days ago and have been back at the gym for light workouts without any trouble.
That's good news, Ken.