• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

DarthPenguins Training log of an unfit person!

Tuesday 22 July

Lifting Session

Trap Bar Deadlift

70kg x 5

80kg x 5

90kg x 5

102.5kg x 5

117.5kg x 8

70kg x 10

70kg x 10

70kg x 10

Close Slanted Grip bench

45kg x 10

45kg x 10

45kg x 10

Fat DB Lateral Raise

5kg x 10

5kg x 10

5kg x 10

Leg Raises

10 reps

10 reps

10 reps

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday 24 July

BJJ Session

Session was working on cross facing from side control. Important details were to keep cross facing arm bent and at a 90degree angle with vertical part of forearm pushing into temple to turn head. Do this if using either collar grip or hamd slid under head.

Also drilled transition from side into mount via knee on belly, using likely responses to the cross face to set up an arm triangle with the framing arm by pushing it across and trapping

Did a couple of rounds of situational sparring then had to sit out as started to feel ill

• 1 month later...

Another update - finally feeling better and back at work though still no idea from the medical people as to what was the issue. Not been able to exercise too much but still made it along to karate.

On the positive side though my instructor pushed me to grade a week ago (i was extremely reluctant to) but i decided that he would know best and i managed to get my 2nd Kyu!

Congrats, DP! :karate:

Thanks! Now need to get my head down and work for the next couple - the 1st kyu grading syllabus is identical to the 2nd kyu (just everything needs done better) and then will try for the shodan one by the end of next year i think.

Should be able to get back to lifting shortly too - taking everything gradually to be careful!

As am I. I'm hoping to get back to the weights within a month or so.

fingers crossed! I've just splashed out on a decent amount of new equipment for the house so am looking forward to getting back into it using the new gear :)

fingers crossed! I've just splashed out on a decent amount of new equipment for the house so am looking forward to getting back into it using the new gear :)

Is there anything more motivating than buying new equipment?

Is there anything more motivating than buying new equipment?

Yep! Am quite pleased - decided to splash out on a new power rack with a landmine attachment, a dual pulley machine with 2 x 90kg stacks, a ski erg and some more kettlebells. Plan to also get a grappling dummy and some kind of punchbag (my son wants some more mats to practice his ukemi and som epunching mitts to practice on). Looking forward to playing on it all though not to building it!