• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cool looking modern kama

tatsujin

kama_modern%20(Small).jpg

The kama isn't a favorite weapon of mine, but when I saw this...it really jumped out to me. What do you think?

A single one costs about $70 and also comes with a snap on leather sheath for the blade.

For me bujutsu is not a set of techniques, but a state of the body. Once the principles are integrated, the techniques surge spontaneously because the body is capable of adapting instantaneously.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 2 weeks later...
kama_modern%20(Small).jpg

The kama isn't a favorite weapon of mine, but when I saw this...it really jumped out to me. What do you think?

A single one costs about $70 and also comes with a snap on leather sheath for the blade.

To me , I think its modern, flashy and impracticable - all the things I dont like .

We used the type available at local hardware store in Okinawa . But I find these unsuitable for what we do .

Now I prefer rubber ones - hard rubber . I would prefer wood - solid and all one piece with reinforcing between handle and blade . Like I got my wooden machetes made for training . I like to practice 'bunkai' from our 3 forms ; too dangerous with a sharp or pointy one and will cut, chunk, nick , a wooden weapon up in no time .

Gamma is not a 'strong weapon' between the handle and blade - not 'head on clash' strong , it relies more on movement and sharp cutting and piecing power ; so I can deflect, knock, strike aside with the handle or near the join of handle to blade , even hook over with the thick end of the blade near the handle with the rubber version , so defense isnt greatly compromised ; yet I can slash cut and pierce with the rubber blade on the others body , across the throat ,hook behind the knee and lift , come in low for an 'insertion' and rip back to take out the femoral artery ... etc . techniques I would never practice on another , even with a blunt metal blade .

• 1 year later...

I'm not crazy about the curve in the handle. It's going to throw the balance off unless you're just going to hold it like a hatchet.

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please..feel free to stand in front of them.

Student since January 1975---4th Dan, retired due to non-martial arts related injuries.

I'm not crazy about the curve in the handle. It's going to throw the balance off unless you're just going to hold it like a hatchet.

I agree!!

Can't imagine its application with an attached cord. UNLESS the cord is so I'd not accidently drop it while using it only as a hatchet!!

Does look intimidatingly wicked.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!