• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

LOTR: Rings of Power

Zaine

Is anyone else very excited about the new LOTR: Rings of Power coming in September? We got the teasiest of teasers during the 3rd Quarter of the game last night and I have already watched it entirely too many times. I've been a fan of the series for most of my life, and have read every piece of official literature that comes through from the original trilogy to the Nature of Middle Earth that was published last year. Needless to say, I am so ready to delve in to the show!

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think it looks interesting, and am looking forward to it. At first, I was wondering if it was tied to The Simarillion, but I don't think it is.

I do think it looks interesting, and am looking forward to it. At first, I was wondering if it was tied to The Simarillion, but I don't think it is.

It's at least tangentially tied to The Silmarillion, specifically the Akallabeth. We're pretty sure that they have access to the appendices from the Return of the King and maybe some notes. I'm given to think that they have the rights to some very specific passages in The Silmarillion, but only time will tell.

I am looking forward to it. Prime has done some quality work in the past. I have not read the Wheel of Time series, but I did watch the Prime series, and it was pretty well done. I expect the same out of this series.

• 3 months later...

It's at least tangentially tied to The Silmarillion, specifically the Akallabeth. We're pretty sure that they have access to the appendices from the Return of the King and maybe some notes. I'm given to think that they have the rights to some very specific passages in The Silmarillion, but only time will tell.

That's good to know. I always enjoyed the Silmarillion. If this series does well i would love one that covered Feanor and the downfall of the Noldor. It could lend itself to a multi series epic

If this goes well, I can see a Feanor saga in the works. It seems likely to me that they would want to test a show with characters that movie fans were familiar with before pushing beyond that.