• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Happy Chinese New Year!

tatsujin

Happy Chinese New Year!

red_year_of_tiger.jpg

I would like to wish all members of the forum a very happy new year (Chinese)! We kick of 15 days of celebration and after the last two years, I will take ANY opportunity to celebrate a little!

If YOU were born in the year of the tiger (1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010), then THIS IS YOUR YEAR!

If you were born in a year of the tiger (your Ben Ming Nian), it can be a challenging year for you. Therefore, one thing you can do to help mitigate this is to wear red! Belts, socks, shoes...any kind of red clothing. What is considered to be especially lucky is to wear red underwear! It is even more lucky for you if it is purchased for you by your spouse! So, keep that in mind..

water_tiger_large%20(Small).jpg

Not only are we in the year of the tiger, but we are specifically in the year of a "water tiger". The last time this happened was 1962.

I feel fortunate to have found this forum a few months ago. I look forward to spending the Year of the Tiger with all of you!

For me bujutsu is not a set of techniques, but a state of the body. Once the principles are integrated, the techniques surge spontaneously because the body is capable of adapting instantaneously.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Happy Chinese New Year to you!

Can't say I have ever really celebrated Chinese New Year before.

All I really know about it is that I was been in the year of the Ram I believe...

Ashley Aldworth

Train together, Learn together, Succeed together...

Happy Chinese New Year! :) I'm glad you found the forum, too, tatsujin.

Patrick

Thank you sir!

For me bujutsu is not a set of techniques, but a state of the body. Once the principles are integrated, the techniques surge spontaneously because the body is capable of adapting instantaneously.

Happy Chinese New Year to you!

Can't say I have ever really celebrated Chinese New Year before.

All I really know about it is that I was been in the year of the Ram I believe...

Not alot of folks do outside of the Chinese community do. But hey! Like I said, it is a good reason to have 15 days of celebration! LOL!

I follow a particular school of Taoism and, more directly, train in a school of Taijiquan. So, it applies a little more directly.

As far as your sign goes, the Chinese take zodiac based birth signs to a little deeper than we do in the West. If you don't mind sharing your birth year, I can post up some information for you about it. I am not saying that I believe in such things or that other should...but it is interesting to read.

Thanks!

Yeah, I have never really been a big believer in that stuff, but agree it is interesting to read! So I’m happy to share my birth year… 1991

Ashley Aldworth

Train together, Learn together, Succeed together...