• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

"The Crane Kick is Not a Real Karate Move"

I saw this on the side of a dojo in North Hollywood. Thought some school owners here might get a kick out of it as a form of marketing. :)

http://www.karateforums.com/img/photos/crane-kick-not-a-real-karate-move.jpg

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
The irony of location!!
No doubt! I think that if I was in Hollywood I would definitely incorporate it into my system just for the meme, if nothing else!

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

Now, that’s creative advertising for sure! I’m sure it gets at least a few people to pop in the front doors. And that’s half of making the sale. People who see it are at least going to be familiar with the reference and be somewhat interested in the first place so the target audience is already determined. And a wide age group too since it includes those who saw and were influenced by the movies who now may likely have kids of their own, and those younger who just discovered the new series. This dojo definitely knows how to exploit a popular trend.

I guess the cobra Kai series isn’t just good for karate nutters and hardcore fans, after all. Has anyone else’s dojo tried surfing that wave for getting people to sign up?

Marketing for marketing. Just got to tip the hat for that. I've never done anything as interesting as that. All I've ever done was just hang a shingle and some window art with some Kanji and logo.

It's said that whatever brings the prospective customer to shadow the door, there's no absolute marketing rule. Use whatever marketing is necessary but let the owner be aware, customers can smell that which is foul a mile away...for the most part.

I love the marketing in the OP, and if the CI is a quality of an instructor, then the marketing won't suffer.

Thanks for the picture, Patrick!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 8 months later...