• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate Gi Colors

KwicKixJ1

Personally i prefer a plain white Gi tbh.

Have used black gi's for striking styles in the past and i just found that they faded really quickly and needed replaced more often as they quickly looked a little silly (in my opinion anyway).

Heavier grappling type gi's seem to hold the colour better though. I have a blue one that i like a lot but i have an odd personal rule that i cannot wear a black gi to bjj until i am a minimum of a purple belt. Not a school rule but for some reason i just think the coloured gi's look better on more senior students!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have used black gi's for striking styles in the past and i just found that they faded really quickly and needed replaced more often as they quickly looked a little silly (in my opinion anyway).

Heavier grappling type gi's seem to hold the colour better though. I have a blue one that i like a lot but i have an odd personal rule that i cannot wear a black gi to bjj until i am a minimum of a purple belt. Not a school rule but for some reason i just think the coloured gi's look better on more senior students!

I don't mind the look of the Faded Black Gi. All it makes me think is that you have trained for a fair while in it it came like that.

I don't mind the look of the Faded Black Gi. All it makes me think is that you have trained for a fair while in it it came like that.

Yeah fair point. It's one of these things that is purely personal taste i think, no real right or wrong answer to that one

I disagree. There is a right answer. You see, you can now get gis with a print on the inside of the jacket. Which means that you can get your face printed on the inside of your gi jacket. This is the correct option.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

I disagree. There is a right answer. You see, you can now get gis with a print on the inside of the jacket. Which means that you can get your face printed on the inside of your gi jacket. This is the correct option.

For some reason i am thinking this would make a great part of a chuck norris joke : something like have his face with "Go Train" printed inside the gi and you never do anything else again other than train!

Just think how seriously good you would have to be though to carry off a gi with your own face printed inside it at training!

It would certainly be a good distraction tool during sparring. I can just imagine people asking after a fight "Is that... your face in your gi?"

This just seems weird!

Inside of the jacket? Is that kind of like a tag so you can tell that that jacket is yours?? At the most I'd put my initials in the inside of the collar with a Sharpie. Yeah, does seems weird. I wouldn't want my face to on my jacket inside or outside for any reason, but to each their own.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Most people use them to put murals in. You can put anything you want and it's just a subtle bit of flair for a gi jacket. I'm just weird so I immediately wondered about putting a face in. :lol:

Most people use them to put murals in. You can put anything you want and it's just a subtle bit of flair for a gi jacket. I'm just weird so I immediately wondered about putting a face in. :lol:

:lol:

I can't stop picturing it in my head...as I'm getting submitted over and over again....