• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thank you, Lupin1!

Hey all,

Devin (Lupin1) is leaving our staff as our longest tenured Sempai (forum guide) after well over 7 years in the role. I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge the incredible contributions that she has made to our community, as not only on staff for the past 7+ years, but also as a member for more than a decade.

As a member of our team, Devin has brought a consistently thoughtful voice to our behind the scenes inner workings, with great care and empathy for our entire community. I've been grateful to have her for so long and to be able to benefit from her knowledge of both the martial arts and KarateForums.com.

As a member, Devin's 1,628 posts have touched at least tens of thousands of people, if not hundreds of thousands (we sometimes forget how much impact a single post can make). I've always appreciated the way Devin goes about posting - thoughtful, kind, deliberate, meaningful. She has set an outstanding example for anyone who joins our community.

From talking to Devin, this isn't good bye to our community, and she'll still be around. But I'm a big believer in giving people their flowers while they're still around to see them, and I hope you'll join me.

Thank you, Devin!

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Devin,

I echo wholeheartedly what Patrick has already said quite effectively.

As far as what Devin's stepping down from being part of staff, another empty chair sits around the KF Staff table. I've always felt in my heart that she was that quintessential part of staff; being that vitally important cog of the KF Staff wheel. I, too, shall miss her here on staff, in which I believe that staff won't be the same.

As a member, she's far much more than affable across the board; that extremely genuine trait that can be noticed immediately. She never put on airs with anyone no matter the topic and/or the member.

Great knowing that Devin will still be around mean the world to us all. Thank you, Devin for everything you've done for KF and its members all of these many years unselfishly.

See you around and I look forward to many more discussions with you, Devin!!

:bowofrespect:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Many thanks for all of your years of dedication, Devin!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Thank you, Patrick, and to the whole community. This community is one of the most polite and positive places on the internet, due not only to our respectful members, but also to the proactive and professional moderation. I've been so grateful to have been part this amazing community for over a decade. I have learned and grown so much both as a martial artist and as a person. I hope to still be around and will still make posts every so often.

Hey all,

Devin (Lupin1) is leaving our staff as our longest tenured Sempai (forum guide) after well over 7 years in the role. I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge the incredible contributions that she has made to our community, as not only on staff for the past 7+ years, but also as a member for more than a decade.

As a member of our team, Devin has brought a consistently thoughtful voice to our behind the scenes inner workings, with great care and empathy for our entire community. I've been grateful to have her for so long and to be able to benefit from her knowledge of both the martial arts and KarateForums.com.

As a member, Devin's 1,628 posts have touched at least tens of thousands of people, if not hundreds of thousands (we sometimes forget how much impact a single post can make). I've always appreciated the way Devin goes about posting - thoughtful, kind, deliberate, meaningful. She has set an outstanding example for anyone who joins our community.

From talking to Devin, this isn't good bye to our community, and she'll still be around. But I'm a big believer in giving people their flowers while they're still around to see them, and I hope you'll join me.

Thank you, Devin!

Patrick

thanks Devin!!!

Thank you for everything you’ve done for us here as a community. I’d love to be able to add to what’s been said, but everyone said what I feel better than I can say it.

I look forward to continuing to see you here

Thank you for all you've done here on staff at KF, Devin! I wish you the best of luck moving forward, and look forward to seeing your posts here and there. You will be missed on staff, but perhaps you'll make your way back! :karate: