• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sandan achienved!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It's great to see you again, skullsplitter!! :wave:

Congrats on earning your Sandan, skullsplitter.

That particular rank is quite important in ones MA journey due to that it carries a general understanding within the MA world that at Sandan, the opening of ones own dojo at Sandan is more acceptable. Not that Sandan must be earned before one opens their own dojo, anyone can certainly open a dojo whenever they want to.

Above and beyond opening a dojo, Sandan speaks in volume as to ones own knowledge and experience, and that can take about 10+ years to earn, depending on the style/CI/Governing Body.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

skullsplitter...from one Sandan to another...congratulations!!!!

Karate no Michi! :karate:

Godan in Ryukyu Kempo

Head of the Shubu Kan Dojo in Watertown, NY

(United Ryukyu Kempo Alliance)

• 3 months later...
Congratulations! How did the testing go?

It went well! I almost outsmarted myself though. I got to chose my order for kata so I went ji-in, hangestu, meikyo, wankan, nijushiho, and gankaku. I'm a big 48 year old guy with limited endurance. My thought was to put the very short wankan in the middle for a little bit of a breather then end with gankaku (that's the one I felt least confident in so didn't want to start off with a bad impression.) By the time I got to the end I realized my mistake. My legs were about done so gankaku maybe should have been 1st! haha