• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My New Fight; Prostate Cancer

sensei8

Very much so. Thank you, Patrick. Doctors assured me that I'd never have to worry about money, that I'll get the necessary treatments and the like...that was then, I suppose. At the start of this, I told the doctors that I'll pass away from cancer because of financials. Doctors said, "No", doesn't feel that way now.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep talking to the doctors and your insurance company to figure out what the hiccup is. Above all, get the treatments, and then worry about the payment later.

However, I receive no treatments, and those scans are a part of treatments, yet if I don’t pay the $250 per scan, then no scans, albeit, no treatments.

Money over patient care.

:-?

After pushing through the channels, if it gets to that point, please let us know.

Patrick

UPDATE:

Today, November 20, 2020 [i got a kick out of the triple 20's]

Lab work at 10am

Oncologist at 1030am

So, here's what the Oncologist told/explained to me....

> PSA DROPPED from 30 to 1.6 [That's not a typo]

> Cancer is NOT aggressive

> Continue with the shot of LEUPROLID every 3 months

> Bone and CT Scans in January 2021

> After scans in January 2021, Oncologist will prescribe a DIFFERENT pill to take orally 1X daily; unsure of what that pill is until after the scan results.

Doctor was behind schedule for 45 minutes to an hour. Doctor walks in the exam room, and she does her Fonzie impression...I reciprocate. She apologizes to me for not getting right back to me, but she understands why I had to cancel my November 6th scans, of which she tells me that missing appointments are to be expected and understood, from time to time, just for me to not make that a habit...which I won't, God willing. Doctors need to tend to the patient, and not to the financial side, which I prefer.

She lays out her treatment plans for me, and is so excited that the PSA number dropped so low, and she is confident that it's not a temporary drop. She wants to get those scans done asap. I won't know until next week when those appointments will be for.

Have you ever had a shot in your hip before?? Me neither.

Well, let me tell you. First I had to wait for 30 minutes before they could give me that injection. Why?? They store that shot inside of a freezer, so before they can give me that shot, it has to reach room temperature.

Then the shot!!

No pain, however, there's always a however, mere seconds after the shot was administered in my left hip, very sharp hot pain got my attention. For the next 15 minutes, that sensation came and went every 30 seconds. One of the longest 15 minutes in my life. I was so very glad when that was all over and the up and down pain subsided.

Last time I got that shot, it was given into my left arm. I got to tell you, I prefer the left arm over the left hip anytime. WOW!!

I went over to see my social worker, which is in the same area along with Urology and Oncology departments, and plans are in the work to find me some possible Grants to offset costs of treatments, but no guarantee. Contacted the billing department via a phone call, and set up an affordable payment plan.

I finally left the hospital at 130pm.

Once I receive the appointments for the Scans, I'll give an update.

:D

That sounds like good news most of the way around, Bob! Glad to hear that! Was there a certain reason why you got the shot in the hip this time?

Keep us posted on the January appointment!

That sounds like good news most of the way around, Bob! Glad to hear that! Was there a certain reason why you got the shot in the hip this time?

Keep us posted on the January appointment!

Thank you, Brian. I got the shot in my left hip because that's the only way that that nurse has ever done it, even though she looked on the records to see how it was administered last time, records show that it was in my left arm. I will post the Scan appointments just as soon as I find out.

:D