• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My New Fight; Prostate Cancer

sensei8

Hey Bob,

From your September 4 post, there were several "every 2 weeks" treatments and events. Have you already reached 1-2 of those? How are they going?

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bob,

From your September 4 post, there were several "every 2 weeks" treatments and events. Have you already reached 1-2 of those? How are they going?

Patrick

Hey Patrick,

Thanks for the great questions.

What I just found out is that those items that are for every 2 weeks is that those items are all done at the same time at the Lab when they draw several vials of blood. Thereafter, I can view the results on my portal, of which I'm still scratching my head as to what the reading mean. I'm only guessing that as long as the needle on the graph stays away from the red area, I don't need to freak out...the graph is the same colors as a traffic light...Green, Yellow, and Red. Thus far the readings are Green and Yellow, no Reds.

That's me guessing. I've taken notes, and have questions to ask the doctors, which I do through the portal. However, the doctors aren't fast to reply, so I put a red star next to those questions to make sure I ask at my next visit on November 6, 2020.

Just did the Lab again, a few days ago.

Things are going good. Still working out to drop my weight, improving my healthy life style in anyway that I can during this pandemic, and like the doctors have said...Live life and do all that you've done before!!

I wont lie, Patrick, but I've my moments when my depression overwhelms me to the Nth degree. Will I get worse?? Will I need Chemo?? Will I need this and will I get that?? I let the cry out, and then I ask myself..."What's next??" Time to get up and live, that's what time it is.

UPDATE:

Appointment Rescheduled

Appointment Information:

Visit Type: Telephonic Visit Return

Date: 6/24/2021

Dept: Oncology Clinic OC

Time: 8:30 AM

Went from 11AM, and no face to face with the doctor.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing, Bob. I understand what you mean. Do the doctors respond, just slowly, or no response at all?

Patrick

Thanks for sharing, Bob. I understand what you mean. Do the doctors respond, just slowly, or no response at all?

Patrick

For the most, slowly response, in an overall sense.

I had a telephone appointment with my Urology department on October 9, 2020. They asked me several questions mostly trying to gauge how I was feeling, and all. They fielded some of my questions and concerns, which eased some of my feelings of being in the dark. I've now a Social Worker assigned to me. The main goal will be applying at every possible means for Grants that concentrate on Prostate Cancer Grants. These Grants will help paying for my treatments; I've every faith that this will be successful.

When we speak towards response times, my social worker was scheduled to call me back later this past Friday; I waited all day but to no avail. No call today either!! I wasn't given a phone number for me to call back because that was to be given to me on the callback. Things like this heighten my overwhelming feelings; loneliness is frightening.

I do understand that I'm not the only patient under their care.

Yeah, but still, that stinks. Hope they've called you by the time you see this.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I had to cancel my Bone Scan, CT Scan and Lab on November 6, 2020. It was the harder thing I ever had to do.

Hopefully, I'll get another appointment before my next office visits on November 20, 2020. If not, I'll go from there.

Why did you have to cancel?

The hospital raised my Co-Pay from Zero to $250 per Scan; with only a 1-day notification...via a phone call. I'm going to the hospital this coming Monday morning to speak with the concerning departments.

:cry: