• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
So many people don't make it this far. I'm glad you have.

You and I both are glad that I've made it this far. I don't take this accomplishment lightly whatsoever.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for your continued prayers and support; it means everything to me and my family.

UPDATE:

ELLIGARD TREATMENT SHOT: August 4, 2022, I received my shot of Elligard. Was supposed to have that shot on August 3, 2022, but the wrong treatment medication was ordered. To avoid that mistake in the future, I have to tell the scheduler to order Eligard. Come to find out, my treatment shot falls under a code for Leuprolide Acetate, therefore, various medications fall under that code, which means Elligard must be specified.

I have to start insisting the nurse to NOT give me that shot until my injection area is completely NUMB by the ice, which it wasn't when I received my treatment shot and that darn thing HURT towards the end of the injection. It didn't hurt as much as it could've without any ice, but even that little bit HURT...it hurt for about 10 minutes off and on.

Dr. Goodman: Visited Dr. Goodman on August 8, 2022. Here's what was discussed...

>Dr. Goodman is extremely pleased with how I'm responding to my treatments so far. GREAT NEWS!!

>My PSA (Prostate-specific antigen) which is the protein that cancer can feeds off went from 0.06 to 0.00 GREAT NEWS!!

>I will maintain my current treatment shot schedule of getting my Elligard once every 4 months. I was hoping to be placed on Maintenance Treatment Shots, which would mean that I'd only get 1 Treatment shot of Elligard per year. Dr. Goodman says he'd put me on Maintenance Shots if I really wanted to. However, he recommends that for now, we maintain the current treatment shot schedule. NOT SO GREAT NEWS, but understandable!!

>Bone Density Scan indicate that I've thin bones. Dr. Goodman can prescribe medication that can increase my done density; however, I've got to finish my dental work next year first. Meanwhile, my D3 was increased from 1,000 IU to 2,0000 IU daily.

>Dr. Goodman ordered a CT scan or my Chest/Abdomen/Pelvis without Contrast and another Full Body Bone Density Scan for the end of October. Dr. Goodman believes that what cancer might've been on my Spine's T12 and L4 are inclusive, so to make sure, a scanning I will go. GREAT NEWS!!

>Next appointment is on November 8, 2022, for a follow-up.

Dr. Becker: Visited Dr. Becker for my 6-week follow-up. Here's what was discussed...

>I informed Dr. Becker about what Dr. Goodman told me during my appointment. Dr. Becker liked all that Dr. Goodman told me.

>Because of the Scans Dr. Goodman has ordered, Dr. Becker has no reason to order an MRI of my Spine's T12 and L4. Dr. Becker and Dr. Goodman always exchange patient information, which puts me at ease.

>Next appointment is November 9, 2022, for a follow-up.

All in all, I praise God for His healing touch!!

:D

Thank you so very much, Zaine for your support and thoughts during this fight. Often times I think about my KF family and what we've all been through, whether it be good or bad, and how we band together supporting one another sincerely. Doing our best for one another, doing what's morally right for one another. A supportive word does go a long way, and is as important as medicine can be.

In my lowest times up moments, and I've had tons of them these past two years, you, my KF family have helped me pull up my bootstraps, and have reminded me that 7 times down, 8 times up is not just a catch phrase, but that it has teeth.

Thank you, Zaine!! Thank you all!!

:)

I love seeing these positive updates, Bob. It really warms my heart, you're often in my thoughts.

+1!