• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My New Fight; Prostate Cancer

sensei8

UPDATE:

Recently, I completed two different CT Scans as Dr. Goodman ordered. These CT Scans allow Dr. Goodman definitive look at my cancer overall.

On October 24, 2022, I had a Nuclear CT Scan. This scan takes 4 hours to complete. Very painless. Just BORING as all get out because I have to wait for the radioactive solution to travel through my body. In short, I turn into Radioactive Man. I have to keep the cats off my lap for 24 hours because I'm radioactive.

On October 24, 2022, I had a CT Scan without contrast of my chest, abdomen, and pelvis. This scan takes 2.5 hours to complete because I have to drink 3 cups of solution water. I drank my first cup of solution water at 10am... then wait 30 minutes...then I drank my second cup of solution water at 10:30am... then wait another 30 minutes...then I drank my third cup of solution water at 11am... then wait another 30 minutes...NOW. at 11:30am my CT Scan begins, which takes about 30 minutes to complete. Painless. Tolerable tasting solution water.

Now, I will see Dr. Goodman on November 8, 2022, at 9am.

On November 9, 2022, at 11am I'll visit Dr. Becker, my Radiologist Oncologist to see if any more Radiation Therapy is needed.

:D

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Goodman's office called me this morning to change my appointment from November 8th 9am to November 15th at 8:45am. Just got to love appointment changes.

:)

Thank you all so very much for your continued support over these past few years. It means so much to Linda and me.

:D

UPDATE:

Went to my appointment today with Dr. Becker, my Radiation Oncologist, for a scheduled follow up.

According to Dr. Becker, the results of my latest Nuclear CT scan and CT scan without contrast indicate that there's no sign of cancer in my spine at my T12 and L4.

Dr. Becker agrees with Dr. Goodman that I'm in complete remission.

Dr. Becker questions that my original prognosis of Stage 4 made by my Harris County Hospital Urology Department in Houston, TX. All I know is that test after tests performed in Houston, TX verified my Stage 4 prognosis.

Can a cancer patient downgrade from Stage 4 to Stage 3?? I've no idea.

Dr. Becker at this moment has no plans for me to do a week's worth of Radiation Therapy on my spine at those prementioned locations. Dr. Becker wants to see me in March 2023.

My PSA is STILL at ZERO...Dr. Becker liked the sound of that. I told Dr. Becker that my new PCP wants me to see a Urologist because of the 2-3 times I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Dr. Becker advised me that that's not necessary.

Dr. Becker tells me that the results show I have a progressive type of Stage 3, and I'm supposed to be going to the bathroom during the night. Dr. Becker shared with me that all of my CT Scans were NEGATIVE.

All in all, I'll be asking Dr. Goodman some questions and clarifications after what Dr. Becker shared with me.

Tomorrow some blood work for Dr. Goodman.

That sounds like good news, Bob! Hooray! :D

Thanks, Brian. I'm usually skeptical until Dr. Goodman concurs with any of my other doctors.