• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My New Fight; Prostate Cancer

sensei8

I'm sorry, Bob. That's a lot to have to process. I can't really tell you how to feel, but we're here to listen and support you.

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of, I hate it how money is everything, when it comes to medical care in the US, even when you pay insurance. I got a 4.5 K bill myself from a simple mammogram / breast sonogram and, even if my husband's company pays 2.5 grand a month for our insurance, they still billed me like crazy. I haven't taken my kid to see a pediatrician since 2019, because last time a FREE vaccine almost cost us 900 dollars.

I cannot even imagine having to deal with this diagnosis and having to think of not being able to afford the care YOU DESERVE.

Anyway ... is there is something we can do, we'll do it. And I'll put my money, where my mouth is. If you do need support to pay for radiation therapy, let us know and some of us can chime in. I can pay for 2-3 days myself, someone can pay for 1 and so on.

Just tell us what you need, we either send you the money, crowdfund etc. ANYTHING to help you get better. :)

Of, I hate it how money is everything, when it comes to medical care in the US, even when you pay insurance. I got a 4.5 K bill myself from a simple mammogram / breast sonogram and, even if my husband's company pays 2.5 grand a month for our insurance, they still billed me like crazy. I haven't taken my kid to see a pediatrician since 2019, because last time a FREE vaccine almost cost us 900 dollars.

I cannot even imagine having to deal with this diagnosis and having to think of not being able to afford the care YOU DESERVE.

Anyway ... is there is something we can do, we'll do it. And I'll put my money, where my mouth is. If you do need support to pay for radiation therapy, let us know and some of us can chime in. I can pay for 2-3 days myself, someone can pay for 1 and so on.

Just tell us what you need, we either send you the money, crowdfund etc. ANYTHING to help you get better. :)

Thank you so very much, ramymensa; it really means everything to me. I've not the exacting figures as of yet, as there are a minimum of 20 Radiation Therapy sessions. Hopefully I'll know more as more information comes to me.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

As soon as you have the details, please PM me. All I will need is a Zelle email account and I can send a little help. It's not a lot, but I do think it can add up. You are an exceptional karateka and person, we are by your side in the biggest fight of your life. YOU WILL BE VICTORIOUS, but it's a long battle :(

I'm so sorry to hear that Bob and I echo what ramymensa says. If there is any way we can help let us know.

Is there any chance for treatment elsewhere? Might be a crazy suggestion especially with the world as it is now but maybe there is an opportunity to travel to have the treatment cheaper.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Thank you so very much, Danielle; means everything to me. Still trying to figure out my Co-Pay.

I could go back to Houston, then apply for Molina Insurance again, and then Molina can pay for my Radiation Therapy 100% like they were when I lived in Houston. I really messed up by leaving Houston prematurely.

Thank you so very much, Danielle; means everything to me. Still trying to figure out my Co-Pay.

I could go back to Houston, then apply for Molina Insurance again, and then Molina can pay for my Radiation Therapy 100% like they were when I lived in Houston. I really messed up by leaving Houston prematurely.

Is that an option that's on the table? If so, I'd say you should do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Is that an option that's on the table? If so, I'd say you should do it.

It's an option, but it would be an insurance nightmare one way or another. I'll know more whenever open enrollment comes around next month.

UPDATE:

Saw my Oncologist, Dr. Oscar Goodman this morning.

My PSA is DOWN from 0.4 to 0.12!! This is once again, some great news. Getting so close to remission.

I'll get my next shot in 7 weeks.

:D