• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My New Fight; Prostate Cancer

sensei8

Bob, I hear you on that prep drink. I had to do prep before my last colonoscopy, and it is never enjoyable. Fasting on top of it, it just sucked. That, combined with the prep being loaded with sodium, I was really worked up about having to take it.

I hope it goes well for you. I'll be keeping you in my prayers!

So, about this T11 discovery; does this mean that things are worse than they thought, or did it sound like this was nothing out of the ordinary?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob, I hear you on that prep drink. I had to do prep before my last colonoscopy, and it is never enjoyable. Fasting on top of it, it just sucked. That, combined with the prep being loaded with sodium, I was really worked up about having to take it.

I hope it goes well for you. I'll be keeping you in my prayers!

So, about this T11 discovery; does this mean that things are worse than they thought, or did it sound like this was nothing out of the ordinary?

Thanks, Brian!! :D

My dad, sister, and brother had several colonoscopy; and I still need to have mine...not looking forward to that at all but I'm 13 years behind schedule.

Houston diagnosed my T11, but I don't remember ever being told about T11, just about my L4. Things are not worse at all.

As a matter of fact, things are better. [Read my UPDATE that follows this post]

:)

Edited by sensei8

**Proof is on the floor!!!

UPDATE:

Went to see my Oncologist this morning. My body is reacting very well to my treatments. My PSA, which was 0.76, is now 0.4. Praise God!!

I'm on the threshold of REMISSION!! However, which type of remission?? Remission means that the signs and symptoms of your cancer are reduced. Remission can be partial or complete. In a complete remission, all signs and symptoms of cancer have disappeared. If you remain in complete remission for 5 years or more, some doctors may say that you are cured. Partial?? Total?? That answer will reveal itself whenever the time is right, and not any time sooner.

Can cancer go into remission forever?? To qualify as remission, your tumor either doesn't grow back or stays the same size for a month after you finish treatments. A complete remission means no signs of the disease show up on any tests. That doesn't mean your cancer is gone forever. You can still have cancer cells somewhere in your body.

Remission is NOT the same as "CURE", and doctors hesitate to use the word "CURE", at least not right away. I'm far from being out of the woods, however, I'm not lost in the woods; just at the edge of the forest.

Treatments might continue for sometime in order to keep my prostate cancer in check. Plans are reworked at remission to decrease my prostate cancer from returning.

Cancer survivors at increased risks from catching other cancers, known as a second primary cancer which is a second, unrelated cancer in a person who has previously experienced another cancer at any time. A second primary cancer may occur in the same tissue or organ as the first cancer, or in another region of the body.

On another note, the actual dose of my Leuprolid Shot that I had on Monday was 30mg; good for another 4 months.

CT Scan for this Sunday, August 22, 2021 has been cancelled by my Oncologist after I expressed my concerns about the Oral Prep and its possible side effects. So, my Oncologist wants me to do a Iodine IV Contrast CT Scan instead, and its side effects are far more doable than the Oral Prep. Date and time pending...once again. Oncologist still needs the CT Scan to go forward. Now to return those 2 bottles to where they belong...out of my refrigerator.

Oncologist still wants to do Radiation Therapy asap, however, instead of that Therapy lasting 6-8 weeks, it'll only be for 1-2 weeks; still 5 days a week. The change is due to how well my body is reacting to my treatments.

I'll come back to see my Oncologist in about 6 weeks or sooner, at which I'm sure he'll set up my Radiation Therapy.

Don't know what my future might still have for me, but I'm in Gods Hands; now and forever...and even more so!!

The fight continues!!

I'm so glad to come back to this thread and see good news, both in the treatment and in the insurance. Good stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Well, no CT Scan again because the Iodine CT has a Co-Pay of $400. Oncologist says he'll order a regular CT Scan. Hopefully, that's far more affordable. When I was in Houston, my CT and Bone Scan and Lab only cost me $95 total....I often miss Houston.

Speaking of costs...my Leuprolid 30mg Shot costs $15,752...it's once every 4 months. When all of this is said and done, my medical bill will be unfathomable to say the least.

Radiation Therapy Consultation is scheduled for October 5th at 8am. Did this once in Houston, and that's when we all decided that Radiation Therapy can wait until Las Vegas...well, that time is upon us once again. Now, my direct concern is how much will my current insurance pay for. When I was back in Houston, the insurance I had then was paying the entire lack stock and barrel of my Radiation Therapy.

I've not much faith in my current insurance because my Co-Pay isn't like it was in Houston. Oftentimes I feel like it's money over patient care, and it shouldn't be that was whatsoever. I hope and pray my current insurance pays for all of my Radiation Therapy....like Molina Insurance did in Texas.

UPDATE:

Well, no CT Scan again because the Iodine CT has a Co-Pay of $400. Oncologist says he'll order a regular CT Scan. Hopefully, that's far more affordable. When I was in Houston, my CT and Bone Scan and Lab only cost me $95 total....I often miss Houston.

Speaking of costs...my Leuprolid 30mg Shot costs $15,752...it's once every 4 months. When all of this is said and done, my medical bill will be unfathomable to say the least.

Radiation Therapy Consultation is scheduled for October 5th at 8am. Did this once in Houston, and that's when we all decided that Radiation Therapy can wait until Las Vegas...well, that time is upon us once again. Now, my direct concern is how much will my current insurance pay for. When I was back in Houston, the insurance I had then was paying the entire lack stock and barrel of my Radiation Therapy.

I've not much faith in my current insurance because my Co-Pay isn't like it was in Houston. Oftentimes I feel like it's money over patient care, and it shouldn't be that was whatsoever. I hope and pray my current insurance pays for all of my Radiation Therapy....like Molina Insurance did in Texas.

That's frustrating Bob and I'm sorry to hear this.

I find it bonkers they can charge that much for Leuprolid, how can they justify it? A dose costs £225 in the UK... Not that the patient would pay for it anyway.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius