• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending positive thoughts your way Bob.

Thank you so very much, Danielle; means everything to me!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Received a phone call from my Oncologist referring to what my Team and my doctor decided the treatment plan.

RADIATION

No pill, which I was hoping for. I was hoping that Radiation was for a date in the far future. My doctor and the Team decided that this is the best path to go. This is primarily to prevent the cancer from becoming aggressive, of which the cancer isn't.

So....

Consult

Monday March 22, 2021

Arrive by 2:40 PM CST

Starts at 3:00 PM CST (1 hour)

SC Radiotherapy

It's then that I'll know just how often this might be. Hopefully, not that often; I'm cool with once every two weeks, or even better, once a month.

My insurance is covering my Radiation Treatments.

Am I scared?? YES!! I never do good with the unknown!! I've promised to too many people that I will not get on the internet to read. That's because I tend to be my own doctor, and I think the worse, and depending on what I read, I shut down for a moment.

UPDATE:

Rescheduled...

Consult

Tuesday March 30, 2021

Arrive by 8:10 AM CDT

Starts at 8:30 AM CDT (1 hour)

SC Radiotherapy

They love to reschedule like crazy.

Thanks, Brian!! What gets me is that I'm moving on April 26th to Vegas, and there'll not be enough time to complete a one-time 6 week session of radiation. They've hinted to me that they'd INCREASE the dosages...that super sucks from my side because I'm the one getting the increased dosages, and not them.

:o

Thanks, Brian!! What gets me is that I'm moving on April 26th to Vegas, and there'll not be enough time to complete a one-time 6 week session of radiation. They've hinted to me that they'd INCREASE the dosages...that super sucks from my side because I'm the one getting the increased dosages, and not them.

Ooh, that does sound like a bit of a pickle. Do you notice any ill effects if the dosage is increased?

Ooh, that does sound like a bit of a pickle. Do you notice any ill effects if the dosage is increased?

Great question, Brian.

I've not started the radiation treatment yet. I've got a consultation on March 30th where we'll discuss a myriad of things, especially time frames. I'll ask what an increased dosage might do to me, and go from there.

The week of the consultation, we might start treatment. If it's put off until the up and coming Monday after the consultation, that'll only give 2 weeks to complete the treatment. Why only 2 weeks and not 3 weeks before we move? That last week is the week that we'll be packing for the move to Vegas.

We'll see what the consultation brings.

Today I had my Radiation Treatment Consultation at 830am.

Doctor this morning was very pleased with how well I was responding to the treatments thus far. So pleased that the Radiation can be put off until I move to Las Vegas on April 26th. That means that I need to find all of my doctors asap when I get to Vegas.

It's never a good idea to start and stop Radiation Treatments if they can't be finished completely. I was informed that my treatments will last 8 weeks, 5 days a week.

I'm to continue receiving my shot of Leuprolid every 3 months, and ON TIME with no exceptions. There's no worry about my numbers going back up just as long as I keep the shots up, and begin the radiation treatments. The Bicalutamide pill us still on the back burner for now.

The Radiation doctor will concur with my Oncologist as to her suggested plans. She wants me to make sure that I get my records before I move.

Doctor this morning was very pleased with how well I was responding to the treatments thus far. So pleased that the Radiation can be put off until I move to Las Vegas on April 26th. That means that I need to find all of my doctors asap when I get to Vegas.

This is great news! Do your current doctors perhaps have some recommendations, or can make referrals to doctors in Vegas, to get you set up with them prior to moving there?