• advertisement_alt

If you won the lottery....

It depends on how much I won...but if it was significant, I would:

1. Share with my family.

2. Donate to my Church.

3. Donate to charities.

4. Pay off my house and bills.

5. Quit my job.

6. Buy a large Dojo, fill it with training equipment, and run it full time.

7. Travel to Okinawa (at least 4 times).

8. Travel to New Zealand (we have URKA Dojos there...at least 3 times).

9. Travel to Japan (at least 3 times).

10. Travel to other CONUS URKA Dojos for their seminars (regularly).

Godan in Ryukyu Kempo

Head of the Shubu Kan Dojo in Watertown, NY

(United Ryukyu Kempo Alliance)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I’d try to open up a retreat center, somewhere tropical would be preferred. Offering karate Of course, as well as yoga and meditation.

Any martial arts instructors or yoga teachers could offer retreats or trainings as well, but I’d have a separate area for them to use, a “guest dojo” if you will. While having my own dojo that’s open full time.

The only struggle would be maintaining students, as I’m sure the focus would fall on guests coming for retreats. So somewhere tropical, yes, but probably not off the grid.

I’d try to open up a retreat center, somewhere tropical would be preferred. Offering karate Of course, as well as yoga and meditation.

Any martial arts instructors or yoga teachers could offer retreats or trainings as well, but I’d have a separate area for them to use, a “guest dojo” if you will. While having my own dojo that’s open full time.

The only struggle would be maintaining students, as I’m sure the focus would fall on guests coming for retreats. So somewhere tropical, yes, but probably not off the grid.

I have a friend thats desperate to retire and buy a plot of land somewhere to do something similar. She wants to have people come stay for a week and do lots of different fitness activities, yoga lessons, and various other well-being activities.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I have a friend thats desperate to retire and buy a plot of land somewhere to do something similar. She wants to have people come stay for a week and do lots of different fitness activities, yoga lessons, and various other well-being activities.

It seems like the dream life!!

• 3 months later...

Depends how much we are talking about, first priority would be buying our own house, put some money aside for my daughter.

Then hopefully have enough to build an amazing dojo, and in an ideal world I would love the idea of running a karate club with no class fees, just membership annual fees to cover student insurance...

Ashley Aldworth

Train together, Learn together, Succeed together...