• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate Nerd in China

Fat Cobra

I just watched Enkemp Sensei's documentary on his trip to China and it was awesome. I am a historian myself and love to learn about the history of karate and all martial arts.

What was really cool was to see the lineage back to "Incense Shop Boxing" as one of the two primary influences on karate....Incense Shop Boxing....that is cool!

Godan in Ryukyu Kempo

Head of the Shubu Kan Dojo in Watertown, NY

(United Ryukyu Kempo Alliance)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I did like the videos, but I found them a little rushed (or lacking in content) compared to the Karate Nerd in Okinawa ones.

Solid post; I agree.

Perhaps that's because his knowledge and experience in what he was speaking about/toward wasn't enough to provide much more solid content; he can only speak about that which he's the authority of/on...perhaps. Perhaps, with the pandemic spread of Covid-19, and him being in the epicenter in China, and he rushed his videos so he could return home...perhaps.

:idea:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Perhaps that's because his knowledge and experience in what he was speaking about/toward wasn't enough to provide much more solid content; he can only speak about that which he's the authority of/on...perhaps. Perhaps, with the pandemic spread of Covid-19, and him being in the epicenter in China, and he rushed his videos so he could return home...perhaps.

If I'm not mistaken, he was there around the end of October. So that was before anyone knew about the disease.

I imagine it was related to the language barrier, and also it's at least implied in the videos that as an outsider there were many things he was not shown. That's very different from the karate world where he's something like a rock star for popularity.

Or maybe it's just me and I'm not as interested in this particular content? That would be weird though, since history in general is one of my lifelong fascinations.

If I'm not mistaken, he was there around the end of October. So that was before anyone knew about the disease.

I imagine it was related to the language barrier, and also it's at least implied in the videos that as an outsider there were many things he was not shown. That's very different from the karate world where he's something like a rock star for popularity.

Or maybe it's just me and I'm not as interested in this particular content? That would be weird though, since history in general is one of my lifelong fascinations.

Yeah, your perhaps, in the bold type above, are far more concrete than mine.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I liked the videos, but do agree they were slightly rushed. Maybe it was because he was trying to get the answer to the question of where karate originated from.

Although I do suspect it was probably due to the fact he was limited to the size of the videos he could upload? At the same time doesn't want to upload 20 odd videos for the series. Wastelander any input on it?