• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello from the Canadian Prairies!

KevinD

Hello Everyone!

I have visited many times looking for information and opinions on various topics, and I've always found the insight here to be very valuable.

I'm glad I finally made the plunge to join in the discussions!

I'm a Sandan in the Shintani Wado Kai Karate Federation here in Saskatchewan, Canada. I am one of 2 head instructors in our club. We live in a community of under 2000 people, so our dojo is not really huge. We have 30 "Just for Kicks" students (age 5, 6, and 7) and the same in our age 8 and up classes. We are lucky to have 5 other Shodan/Nidan instructors in our dojo to help out with classes.

My interests have evolved over the years to where I am now focusing on methods of instruction and bunkai. I am also very interested in the history of karate and that of the relationship between Funakoshi and Ohtsuka Sensei.

I have also discovered that I apparently have some kind of gi fetish and now own a number of high quality uniforms and I'm always on the lookout for new ones!! Lol!

Anyway... enough about me! Off to the forums!

KevinD

Canadian Prairies

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to the forum!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

• 3 weeks later...