• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New Instructor Gift

So I run a karate club that is still quite small, a few years ago I made my longest serving student into an assistant, and has been helping me run the classes for a good couple of years now.

I have decided on promoting him into a full instructor, as a recognition of his hard work an dedication over the years.

This is exciting for me having another instructor in the club, and to mark the occasion I would like to give him some kind of gift, have been thinking of a few ideas but wondered if anyone here had been in a similar situation, or wonder what you would do in that situation, what would be a nice gift to your new instructor...

Ashley Aldworth

Train together, Learn together, Succeed together...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don’t think it has to be anything MA related. Get him something he’d like. A nice bottle of Scotch, something that he may collect, stuff like that. Something he’ll appreciate and use.

Then do something something small and symbolic for the dojo, like his name on something official as an instructor. Perhaps a framed picture of the two of you or the like in your gis also.

Great topic, ashworth!!

What I've done for as long as I can remember for my new instructors, and because I know quite a lot about them, both personal as well as professional, I will gift them with somethings that is both personal as well as professional to mark the occasion.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Thanks for the suggestions so far people! It is definitely helping me think up ideas!

Ashley Aldworth

Train together, Learn together, Succeed together...