• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is your reason for learning martial arts?

Well there maybe something there, as many if not all martial arts were spread far and wide by those whose military duty allowed them to discover and learn martial arts. Access to martial arts training has only been possible for ordinary folks for a few decades. Before that, training was restricted to social class and/or occupation such as police forces or military.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's always something to learn; always the student, that's why I still forge forward in learning that which is effective in and out of the MA. Who am I?? A MA student!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started MA i middle school with kung fu. It was mostly to get in shape an learn to fight. But I stopped training in highschool and started to train karate in college. I had lots of free time. Now Im training mostly to someday teach others.

A style is just a name.

• 2 months later...
Why learn martial arts?

Hi I am new here.

My reason usually was

Self-Defence.

Physical Fitness.

Mental Confidence.

Interest in the culture of the martial art I was practising.

Whenever I practice, I feel confident, like breathing, it is something very natural to me and there is nothing in life that feels more natural to me than fighting and practicing.

Sadly this time is over now after I was badly injured... Maybe I am capable of starting again one day, but before that, a few things need to be sorted out with my body first.

I practiced many martial arts, suceeded in many competitions and I obtained many belt grades in systems such as Karate, TKD, Gjogsul etc...

Why learn martial arts?

Hi I am new here.

My reason usually was

Self-Defence.

Physical Fitness.

Mental Confidence.

Interest in the culture of the martial art I was practising.

Whenever I practice, I feel confident, like breathing, it is something very natural to me and there is nothing in life that feels more natural to me than fighting and practicing.

Sadly this time is over now after I was badly injured... Maybe I am capable of starting again one day, but before that, a few things need to be sorted out with my body first.

I practiced many martial arts, suceeded in many competitions and I obtained many belt grades in systems such as Karate, TKD, Gjogsul etc...

Welcome to KF, TheStlyer92; glad that you're here!!

:bowofrespect:

My reasons have changed over the years. When I was in high school, it was because of The Karate Kid and other MA movies. After I graduated college and went off to live on my own for the first time, I joined a dojo because of my previous enjoyment with martial arts, and I wanted to get out of my apartment more.

Now that I'm a parent, I want my son to learn karate for the self-discipline and fitness aspects. I'm doing karate with him to try to be a role model for him, and to boost my own personal fitness.

My Journey (So Far)

Shuri-Ryu 1996-1997 - Gokyu

Judo 1996-1997 - Yonkyu

Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan

ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

• 5 months later...

I train because I love martial arts. I love the discipline of eating right, learning new katas and for sparring. I have loved martial arts since I was 11 years old.

I train because I love martial arts. I love the discipline of eating right, learning new katas and for sparring. I have loved martial arts since I was 11 years old.

Welcome to KF, mjh1969; glad that you're here!!

:bowofrespect: