• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

[:)] New Feature: Limiting Posts to 280 Characters

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

We take pride in the community that we have here, and how it's different from mainstream social media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. But that doesn't mean that we can't learn from them.

One thing that I have always appreciated about Twitter is the character limit they put on the posts that you make. The maximum of 280 characters forces brevity. Twitter is a platform where people are thoughtful, respectful, and consider their words carefully. That limit encourages users to value each character and each word, and to use them with great discretion.

I think we should strive to take our words as seriously. As such, I have decided that we'll be limiting posts on KarateForums.com to 280 characters. Right after I make this post, this feature will be live, and you'll find that there is a character count below each new topic and reply text box, both the quick and extended replies.

If you have any feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to reply to this thread or send me a private message.

Thanks for reading.

Patrick

Edited by Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Great idea, Patrick! We need to keep with the times. People today just don't have the attention span or time in our busy schedules for long posts. Short and sweet! :D

Ouch!! This might be difficult for me because as everyone here knows, I can tend to be long winded, oh I meant, a lot of points to make. Well, change is inevitable, and I embrace change!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Ouch!! This might be difficult for me because as everyone here knows, I can tend to be long winded, oh I meant, a lot of points to make. Well, change is inevitable, and I embrace change!!

Pretty sure it’s because of guys like you and me :D

Gr8 post Bob. C U L8R